1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your “style” Statement ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

I have pretty bad chopped lips . the above lip scrub that laks suggested looks good . are you aware of when it goes on sale to buy on discount and how long one lasts

anika987 likes this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I’m not sure about sale CIB. A tube lasts me about 3/4 months. It’s a glorified version of coconut oil and sugar. If you’d rather prefer that, melt coconut oil, cool a little so sugar doesn’t melt, add granulated sugar and refrigerate or let it set in a small container. Apply that periodically. Scrub your lips with it, let it sit for a bit and then apply lip balm.

On very bad days when I’m also having cold sores kind of chapping I use this product. Morning and night for a couple of weeks. I have just one box and it’s not yet over. It will last a long time looks like.

shravs3, anika987 and Caughtinbetween like this.
  3. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Thank you laks@ . 3-4 months is not bad it seems for that one . my lips sometimes start bleeding due to chopping and then i have the bad habit of biting lips . DIY at home is best but I get lazy to do it, I would rather go spend on it which is enough motivation to apply it daily :)

Laks09 and anika987 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Also which is the best kajal /under the eye liner which stays for a long time?

5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I have developed a craze for sarees over the years! That's one of my style statements, wearing saree gracefully!
    Prior to getting married, and early married days I rarely wore saree I dint know how to tie saree.. was intimidated by this large fabric!!!!
    would have to take help from someone and would feel uncomfy and awkward...i then slowly learnt to wear saree and confidently started wearing it on my own for smaller occasions... then increased my saree collection by buying different kinds of sarees....as my H and in laws are traditional kind of people, they like it too ...i end up getting sarees sometimes as gifts, as it's a custom in our family circle to gift saree to married ladies for major functions, poojas, Havanas/Homams, major religious ceremonies...I like to select nice blouse patterns and designs for each of them...whether temple visits, or festivals, or small or major functions , I'll wear saree in such a way that it hides my bulges and compliments me with stylish narrow pleats and team up with matching artificial jewellery and accessories...i dont use gold often for safety reasons...yeah I'm at a big risk for being called " Auntiji" but what to do..if I was a teacher or professor I could wear them very often..I liked Sushmita Sen in "Main hoon na", she carried off sarees so well!

heron and sandhya2020 like this.
  6. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@anika987
    This is such a fun thread.
    After becoming a mommy I have toned my "style".
    I used to be in tomboyish baggy jeans, crop tops, shorts and Tee's with no makeup just moisturizer and kajal and I had a nose stud back then.

Now I have transformed into more womanly things. I love to wear makeup. I hate to step out without makeup. I know its bad for skin. I see my skin is losing its glamour, eventually, I want to switch to the real-life products.

Currently, these are the basics things I am into-
    I do basic foundation with blush and lipstick when done right, I look put together.
    I wear less to no jewelry, except for wedding bands. No earrings as well.
    I am in love with Tory Burch shoes! They make one helluva shoe.
    Skinny jeans, jeggings.
    Hate my nails being painted.
    No nose ring ( debating to put it on; just don't feel confident wearing one at the workplace)
    I shop classic styles, coz my body size is as it was back from 10th grade. This means I have loads of clothes. I hate hate to throw it away after the trend is over. Mostly, I don't follow any trends.

For any get-together
    The only thing I change is Indian attire, love to be in saree's and maybe throw in earrings and necklaces to go with it.

Very recently I am inclined to buy jewelry and I can't get enough of temple jewelry.
    I love the gold and pearl combinations.

I have become one of those women who deck up on jewelry n makeup.:facepalm: For me that's the one occasion I get to indulge in Indian wear and friends sooo why not go all the way!

Some of my aunts who know me from the tomboyish phase- Say I have changed a lot and now I look like a woman!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow!! Crop tops and shorts to sarees!!that’s some changeover:)

Also Tory Burch! I love that brand!!

I forgot to mention about earings..
    I love earrings lot,not too small and not too large.Yeah maybe large for Indian occasions..

Infact I change earrings even for gym:)
    I like drops a lot..

Diamonds are very beautiful and look classy for earrings!

blindpup10 likes this.
  8. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Yep! Crop tops even for Saree these days. Who has time to get it tailored :tonguewink:
    I love love earrings. Have mega-collection of Western, Indian earrings.
    But these days- no enthu to wear them. :(
    I agree diamonds are classy!
    I have two pair of diamond ones- but havent worn them in a long time. Dont know why I am lacking any desire to wear it.

anika987 likes this.
  9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

@Anusha2917 - it is a leave-in conditioner. I just realized I said Hair butter, it's actually hair milk. The one I like is Carol's daughter hair Milk. I usually buy from target but you can also order from Amazon

Amazon.com: Curly Hair Products by Carol's Daughter, Hair Milk Original Leave In Moisturizer For Curls, Coils and Waves, with Agave and Shea Butter, Hair Moisturizer For Curly Hair, 8 Fl Oz (Packaging May Vary): Beauty

Anusha2917 and anika987 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I’m a kind of person who loves to try out different things. But after marriage stopped wearing eye catchy stuffs(Blame my DH).
    Even for salwars I used to ask the tailor for different neck and sleeve patterns. And for western wear I used to try different trendy Tops, Pants, skirts etc

But now I feel too restricted because of my DH. He wants me to wear simple and normal stuff.

I generally dress up according to my mood. I sometimes love wearing big earrings and good neck piece. But my DH hates it!! He doesn’t like something too funky and trendy. Whereas I’m dead opposite :BangHead: He says he doesn’t want me to be attractive as he doesn’t want bad eyes( men) to see me.

Miss my college days.....

I struggled a lot during initial days of marriage because of my fashion sense even though I used to not wear anything revealing.

Although now I do wear what I want most of the times.

If I’m going to a good restaurant, parties etc I love to wear makeup which includes Primer, Concealer, Foundation, Compact, Lipstick, Eyeshadow and Eyeliner.
    If it’s any other place it would be mostly Ponds powder( Yes even in US ;)) and a good lipstick.

I love wearing skirts since my school days. Initially I used to wear long skirts but after coming to US I started wearing short skirts as well.

My favourite is knee length dress and a good neck piece with gladiator sandals.

I love wearing heels but since I’m already quite tall I don’t wear much.

IMO irrespective of what we wear we must be able to carry it well, be it makeup or a bodycon dress!

anika987 likes this.