1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Amen

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

It has been quite a while since I saw this youtube video in a forum thread. And that was just one piece of trivia stored in my archives in the head. There are plenty of them, ready for random access.... when pinged by a question like the above.

A girl asks a guy [ in a girl-dekko meeting] this question:
    "Why Accounting?" at 1 minute 7 seconds on the video.

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:
    If you really need to know what followed or who posted that suspense laden story ... you'd have to search for it.

Why do we always think/ask/say: "what was s/he wearing?". This question is common enough that even a TV commercial [StateFarm Insurance Co.] uses it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Just 2 days after a go on a break, 3rd installment of the thread is opened. :banana:

Good to be back in the "Adda" .

Rihana and Sunshine04 like this.
  5. Anusha2917

@Rihana you too have red badge. Congratulations!
    I must have missed some " real good threads " then.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

.[/quote[
    You are welcome, dear internet itinerant who happened to hang around longer than intended : )

Amica likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anusha, welcome back! You must know (I hope) I was the first to click Like on Positivity post. I wanted to look better when I said welcome back. So, took some time to dress up. You are back with a bang and beautiful Grandma's rasam.

You were missed. A lot.

A little birdie says you will have one soon too. : )

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Yes yes and that made me smile like this. :relaxed::relaxed: Felt like a celebrity clicked like on my post.
    Celebrities always look good and don't need any dress up time. :grin:
    Thank you. For sometime that post was lingering in my mind when I was away from IL. Thought I should free my mind by expressing it.

:relaxed: Again all I'll do is just smile. No expectations honestly.

Sunshine04 and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Resentment And Anger For Mother
    I noticed that the above thread is closed after typing all these. So posting here.

This thread is an opener for me. It shows the importance of creating good memories to our kids. Even if we think we did our duties as a parent very well, even a small percentage of bad behavior can create such a damage to their mind and later lead to severe resentment. If so, what will be the impact of emotional abuse neglect, insults, comparison and partiality etc !!!! I can't imagine.

I am lucky to have good parents considering their background and the way they were raised , but i later felt they could have done it differently. Its nothing compared to your experience.

Two years back, I found my school notebook [primary school] filled with my letters to God. The main complaint was about my mom, that she dont love me, she is always angry at me . She didnt understand me. Why didn't she listen to my version and punish me( for some reason she had the impression that I am the master brain behind all those issues created by my siblings, most of the time I dont have any clue). I longed for hugs and comforting words by the end of the day which I didn't get that time. My notes ended with a prayer -God help me to get out of this home and move me somewhere! Look like the whole universe listened and shifted me to USA. :)

I hope my mother didnt see it.I burned those notebooks. I felt sad that I wrote that way. She was very protective and was a strong pillar for me in all my endeavors. I could understand how hard it was to raise kids with those many issues which I dont want to write here. But my brother felt that she dont support him, even though she didn't consciously do anything. May be the situations in her life took away her positivity and made her a bitter person that time. I can now empathize better and can understand her struggles that time. I realised that she was perfect upto 90 %, but was looking at the 10% that time. It was too much for her . She was/is not my friend ,but mother. After all we are human beings. Being a positive person, I always looked at what I got than what I didn't. It was part of growing up. But I realised that an open communication with kids , listening to their complaints, spending time, thinking in their way, understanding their concerns and needs instead of neglecting it, being protective , treating all siblings in a similar way, being there for them and solving the issues before bed time , offering your shoulder to cry , hugs and kisses , be a good friend( struggling in that department), teaching them values etc..are important for them. I have learned lot from my parents on what to do and what not to do to my kids. Trying my level best, and try to do things i missed during my childhood, but dont know what their version will be in future. I just shared my silly experience for a lighter note. it's nothing compared to the sad heart breaking stories shared here.

Hugs to @Whyme20 and everyone who shared their stories here. If possible dont think or talk about it again and again. If so, the wounds will remain fresh. Stay away from negative people and fill all those bad memories with good memories for you and your kids. Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Vaikuntha, AmulB, heron and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Happy to see you back @Anusha2917
    How are you:cheer:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Anusha2917 likes this.