Mistakes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Feb 22, 2020.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Every person do a lots of mistakes daily. Some of these are very small that we don't even care to give a second thought. Some give us some lesson. Some we want to hide from others with the fear of punishment. Some are those for which we laugh out and share with everyone. And many more kinds could be there.

I too do a lots of mistakes daily. I forget things easily and little careless about everything. That's why do a lot of it.

I am starting this thread to learn from everyone's mistake and to know about the experiences about how everyone handle the situation. Hope to get different kinds of experiences and great lessons from everyone here. :beer-toast1:

Mehana, Amica, pinkydarling and 3 others like this.

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

One day I had my morning duty. I left home on time and had lots of time. But due to winter I found rickshaw after waiting for that for about 10 minutes. Then I was very much worried of getting late. I had to take the metro. I was lost in my thoughts and metro was 5 minutes away. When it came I entered into it and at next station I realized that I took the metro of opposite side. Then I came down and found the metro of correct side will arrive in 5 minutes. I called my husband and he laughed a lot at me. I remain so much lost in my thoughts and do such silly mistakes many times. :p:D

Amica, Sunshine04 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

No one find the thread interesting enough to reply. I request to delete this thread:cheer:

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Some posts would need gestation.

2. You have posted short & sweet. Forgetfulness- It is an indispensable virtue at times . I mean it can be bane & boon. Replies might be in pipeline. Have patience.

3. One can have volumes to write about the effect of forgetfulness. It could be funny, it might be saviour, it could be thought provoking. It can be delightful. ( especially in kitchen and in office). Even in school and college in hospital in moving bus and train....in flight....

4. I have lot of examples. I will come out with few of those later. Until then

Regards.

messedup likes this.
  5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply sir. These days I actually lost confidence in me and feel unwanted many times. That's the reason of reacting like that. I know this should not happen. But this outside world is just different than our family. No one likes or dislikes us. Everyone is just happy to be at their own place and don't care about anyone. It's not new but after a long gap finding it difficult to adjust with. Miss the time that I used to spend with myself. :pensive::smiley:

Amica, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is common to entire humanity depressed at life at times.
    2. For majority of human folk life is at it’s lowest ebb but the test by Lord is to assess how far one can go taking up the cudgel to bludgeon the challenges and remain unmindful of negatives in any form until he or she emerges triumphant.
    3. Please not that You are not alone here with this type of negative feeling. Do not take this to heart.
    4. If even one do not care for others, still it is better he or she care for others.
    God bless you.

Amica, messedup, Amulet and 1 other person like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Let me help.... with an example Thyagarajan can remember.

Engineering students from the pre-calculator generation, used something called Logarithm tables to do their calculations that involved a lot of multiplications, and divisions. At the end of doing all of the calculations, the final step would be to convert the log' format of the answer into the real-answer by using another table called Anti-logarithms. Students are allowed to bring into the exam hall, these two tables in some printed format.

In the excitement of having arrived at the answer, many students would happily submit the penultimate step as the final answer and go out of the exam hall. When they find out the real answer later, they could only go...:facepalm::frown:. And this would happen a few more times before the students finally get some system to remind them about antilogs. One uncle told me that the first thing he did was to write "ANTILOG" in big letters on the margin of every page in his question paper, before he opened his answer notebook to start the exam.

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

No.. don't request to delete this thread. As was pointed out it takes a while for people, as we all have busy lives making mistakes. Heck ... one poster had even posted, and then realized the mistake- and deleted the post.
    You must read the other threads of the forum, and see all the other kinds also.

messedup likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I place an order on Amazon for a long pending need-to-buy. Three days later, I check the mailbox. Nothing delivered. Fourth day, I again check the mailbox, and the porch, and ask the family if anyone brought in my package. Still no package. I login to Amazon and check. No order was placed. :hmmm: I search all the minimized Chrome windows and sure enough one has the "Place Your Order" button awaiting my mouse-cilck. :grinning:

A wise man once told me: always pause and check just before and just after you click on a button. Wise man is often right.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for these words. I really feel as someone special when I get the attention here. It must be with everyone who post in this forum. It actually has some magic in it that makes all of us equally important that's not possible in real life.

Will wait for your reply with respect to this topic. :cheer:

Thyagarajan likes this.