1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How To Reduce Inflammation? What Did You Do?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by gknew, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: @gkw
    & other followers and contributors in this thread:

It is known fact, that Inflammation is body’s internal mechanism to fight bacteria at a particular affected site and when this mechanism when it works it is revealed by burning sensation itch change in colour of skin and pain.

2. Then why one should think of only killing or diminishing this system instead discovering deep what is the problem? Why to swallow pain killers which affect digestion & ingestion. Why can’t go for holistic approach.

3. Most of the remedies or snap remedies suggested for inflammation is only to mask the symptom & that too only by trial and error.

4. Itching in winter due to using bath soap or bars. Itch due to chlorine in water supply. Itch due to cucumber ( my mother used to get swelling all over with in an hour of eating this) and she found it accidentally.

5. Now so much of pesticides and other “cides” in agriculture and horticulture, unwashed or improperly washed (hybrid or genetically modified) vegetables can cause irritation- itch whatever you call it.

6. In allopathy, Invariably tabs swallowed for treating one kind of disease can give raise to another (side effect) disease and then the chain goes on that one depend on one or more tablets, capsules etc.

7. Journal writing for a month or two of the foods one eats and the time of eating and the feel at the end of the day need to be analysed to arrive at the common denominator which food or combination of food affects and cause the inflammation symptoms would be helpful.

8. You have sought remedies for sinus and other related problems over the years in IL and received replies over seventy in a single thread and yet am sad to note you continue to suffer from the same problem or set of problems.

9. There was one homeopathist in IL who used to suggest best treatment simply cost effective solutions. Her approach hailed by many as holistic here. She is not seen much here now.

Regards.

God bless.

2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

I tested iron during my physical in last October. It was low that time. So, she put me on supplements for 3 months. Now again it's low, she told me to take few more weeks and get back to her.
    My iron value is 37( in October) and 54 now. The reference range is 27-159.
    Iron saturation is 9( in October) and 14 now. The reference range is 15-55.
    My hb is 11.9.

3. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Op

follow on Facebook medical medium. You will get good information about root causes of inflammation and many more deceases. There is holistic approach to flush all toxins by simple food in our diet like coriander, spinach, blueberries etc. it helped me lot like miracle.

gknew likes this.
  4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

You had any inflammation? What worked like a miracle for you?

5. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

I did lot of research from various sources and changed my diet and lifestyle. No processed food, no packaged outside food or snacks, no sugar or bleached flour, no dairy or eggs, adding more fruits and veggies in diet helped lot. I am following medical medium on Facebook. Work on your stress, good sleep, eat what grows on trees natural food, mostly homemade food.

gknew likes this.
  6. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Op

in simple words don’t eat pasta noodles pizza burger but eat more salads, fruits, all veggies like cauliflower broccoli aspurgus spinach all leafy greens all fruits like mango banana apple blueberries cherries oranges lemons

gknew likes this.
  7. hjg6578

hjg6578 New IL'ite

Another one there is research on for inflammatory support is turmeric. Specifically, in a hydro-soluble supplement form for better absorption.

8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it is indeed true that inflammation is a result of the activation of the immune system. You get a fever as your body fights off bacterial or viral invaders. However, that is not all. To manage the immune system, you need an on-switch and an off-switch. The on-switch cranks up the system when you need it and the off-switch winds it back down after a while. That’s why fevers last about four or five days and then come down. When the off-switch is not working or when the on-switch is active at inopportune times, systemic inflammation can occur. Sustained immune activation is very bad for you. So, it is not true that inflammation is “natural” and therefore, always good. Systemic inflammation can wreak havoc. For example, the non-arthritic joint aches that people often attribute to old age is often due to inflammation.

Chronic, general inflammation can happen due to exposure to a variety of chemical agents (food additives, pollution, pesticides, etc.), inflammatory foods, illness, or age. This is the result of an interaction between your genes and your environment, which means that the reaction can vary from person to person.

It is worth paying attention to signs of inflammation. Joint aches, swelling fingers (especially in the morning), difficulty in bending fingers and so on. This is why it is best to eat fresh food without pro-inflammatory additives. However, even fresh food can sometimes be a problem because of pesticide residues. A healthy diet, avoiding sugars, managing weight (especially visceral fat), and exercise, can all go a long way toward reducing inflammation.

This is an oversimplified account, but then if you're interested, you can do your own research! :wink1: Here are some links to get you started.

Foods that fight inflammation.
    Keys to reducing inflammation
    :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. pinkpeony

pinkpeony Senior IL'ite

Like many have said, turmeric works wonders. Curcumin present in turmeric is anti inflammatory, and adding some black pepper and any fat can increase absorption. If you suffer from gout, then reducing / stopping non-veg helps.

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for enlightenment.
    Regards.

sokanasanah likes this.