1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Autism Kids Mom Can Help Me Pls

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sweetygals, Jan 29, 2020.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

YES.She has devoted her life for children with spectrum disorders to lead a life with dignity.You will lose your heart if you visit their center at Andheri east in Mumbai.Her commitment to the cause sometimes scares me,
    SLN

sindmani, Rihana, Sweetygals and 3 others like this.
  2. arunmommy

arunmommy New IL'ite

Hi, I am a silent member here so far. Would like to share about few things. My younger child is 3.7yrs old and have delayed development. Right now his speech needs to be improved. So sharing the findings so far.
    Child needs to be checked for tongue tie if there is everyday sleep issues. Even if the child breastfeed successfully, tongue tie needs to be checked(tie may be posterior). This tie affects the sleep as the tongue falls back and obstruct the airway.

If the tongue tie is found and need to be treated, please do it along with Biodynamic craniosacral therapy. This therapy supports the tremendous change that the tie release introduce to the body.

Pls read about BCST and the amazing miracle results it gives.

The child's primitive reflexes may be retained and it poses many challenges on the child. This primitive reflex integration is done using rhythmic movement exercises.
    Pls read about Primitive reflex integration.

My child is showing positive results just after 3 weeks of these simple exercises.

I want to share about this BCST and Primitive reflex integration as it's not usually checked by doctors. (That's my experience)
    Came to know about these very recently and its helping my child tremendously.

Sweetygals likes this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

She is a kind person with a good sense of humor.
    God bless her

4. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

hi all,
    Thanks for all your suggestions. yes itsy bitsy spider with gestures helped in making eye contact with me. :blush: so in a day totally when I counted he looks at me for 10 times. but not long. just he would look at me. and start walking. he likes walking and climbing on furniture so much.
    So I should always do something to make eye contact with him?
    Name response all reinforces lost the value.
    I'm totally worried. Cant vent with anyone as my family members also super stressed.
    Can please help to suggest good therapy centre in chennai? preferably in around tambaram.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That's typical at his age. It's probably a little exasperated because he doesn't focus on others. It gives him a lot of sensory inputs and he probably craves for it. Try buying a trampoline or climbing structure that he can climb appropriately. Occupational therapy is the recommended therapy for this but I never found the time. Just did some OT goals at home using various websites. Google with his symptoms and OT in the search box and you will get a lot of ideas.

Use the trampoline or whatever you find for him to safely climb as the reinforcer.

It is a marathon, not a race. Don't worry. Within a day he is already making some fleeting eye contact where he didn't previously. Look at the positives.

@Shanvy - Can you help? Know of any ABA places in Chennai?

Sweetygals and VLR like this.
  6. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

There aretwo that i know of. My DD goes to the first one. They have branches in Perungulathur and Selaiyur. It is quite decent.

The second one one of my husband collegues suggested. He took his son there.
    Child Development Centre Chennai - Sree’s Rehabilitation Center
    Pebbles Therapy Centre - Helping Children Since 2004 - Chrompet
    You should check with your paed. They will have contacts as well.
    Let's wait to see if other ILies have some suggestions.

But you cannot completely rely on the therapy. He will get 2-3 hrs therapy there. Rest we need to address at home. My daughter's counsellor always said most of the language development should happen at home. There are lot of ideas on youtube. Try them.

Try this book. It helped me a lot.

My Toddler Talks: Volume 1 Buy My Toddler Talks: Volume 1 Book Online at Low Prices in India | My Toddler Talks: Volume 1 Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in
    It has some fun games and communication strategies you can use with those games. For example a simple game of blowing bubbles. Kids love that. It improves attention snd it totally fun. Talk about opening the bottle., blowing bubbles, size of bubbles, popping the bubbles etc. Ypu can teach him words like big bubble, blow bubble, pop bubble etc. Next time wait till he prompts you to blow the bubble ( either verbally or non verbally).
    Dont push him for a response all the time. gently prompt him. Continue playing. Kids will pick up fast.
    This book has around 20 such games and ideas.

Some other books that helped me
    Magical Parent Magical Child: The Art of Joyful Parenting Buy Magical Parent Magical Child: The Art of Joyful Parenting Book Online at Low Prices in India | Magical Parent Magical Child: The Art of Joyful Parenting Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

How To Talk So Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7 How To Talk So Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7 eBook: Joanna Faber, Julie King: Amazon.in: Kindle Store

These will help dealing with your daughter as well.

My daughter still keeps walking on the furnitures whenever she is bored.If she is not occupied with her play or books she will keep walking around the room, or on the bed or sofa. She needs that sensory input. Small kids seldom sit in one place. They like to keep moving around.
    Improvement will be gradual.

Dont get disheartened by no response on some days. Depends on tbe kids mood. If they are happy and in good mood they will respond. Play a lot with him. Thats the only way. Once he starts enjoying his playtime with you his eye contact will definitely improve.
    The more language skills he picks up his tantrums will go down.
    You need to calm down and not get stressed. It is easier said than done. But children can easily sense our tension. My daughter still harms herself when stressed. Our counsellor suggested that i should be in my calmest state to deal with that. My calmness should seep into her. Only when we are calm and composed we can deal with them. Understand that this will be a gradual process. One he starts picking up words, there might be a word spurt and he will start picking up words quickly. Take Care

7. Sunshine04

We went to We CAN ,a ABA school in neelangarai, Chennai. Was good .
    OT ,ST from
    National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD)
    East Coast Road, Muttukadu, Kovalam Post Chennai

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    swathi27, Laks09 and Sweetygals like this.
  8. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    Just curious to check did any one of you tried any homeopathy/ayurvedic medicine to cure this? Im seeing in internet ayurved medicines can cure autism..

9. Sunshine04

We have tried Ayurveda.
    Gi to a kottakal doctor.
    Heard from friends sunethri Ayurveda has a treatment schedule for Autism.

Sweetygals likes this.
  10. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

ok .. was there any improvement seen? Or what was the advice from doctors?