Super Super Stressed..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 30, 2020.

1. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Meanwhile learn technology, develop skills. Invest your time in learning programming or project management certification or any IT certification. It will change lot, much better salary and flexibility in work hours, wfh etc

sindmani, Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

So..even after 15 years long gap from job..and me around 45 years of age,will I get a job? I don’t care about big salary..atleast $10 per hour for few hours a day..

If That is possible..I will be home until kid goes to middle school

another reason is I went though many IUI and three IVF before conceiving her..For us she is our blessing..so we are both concerned and hubby more than me..

Am just not able to explain anything to any people who comment causally..

I want to be there and wait till my baby grows up..Infact had gone to doc today as she had fever.She has grown taller and put on weight which makes me happy as she was super thin and feels good that my food made her healthier

Peer pressure is killing me and every woman I know is working..feeling inferior

3. RRAJ

RRAJ Gold IL'ite

See you got a job offer with around 10 yrs gap right. So you will definitely get a good job with 15yrs gap too. If you need 10$/hr job that time too you will easily get in no time. For high paying jobs only it will be a bit difficult and needs more certifications. You will easily get a job..so don't worry. Also don't worry too much about future live the present moment happily. Also kid is very very important than any other thing. Take care of her, spent time with her and make happy memories. Elementary school is the best time to enjoy for them too.

anika987 likes this.
  4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

is that person making 800k is your husband ? Looks like your husband is making lot of money . Good for you so you can enjoy the benefits .

anika987 likes this.
  5. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

OP you are already doing a lot for your family by cooking fresh meals to keep them healthy and almost care to your baby.Your hubby is able to have a career because you are supporting him at many levels.You are also helping to save a lot of money.Do not feel inferior.You are in a much better position than many others here.

Do some research about diff job options,certifications etc

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

No he does not make 800k..

he makes a good salary just like most of them who have been in IT field for 20 years and more..two people must be earning more than what he can for sure.

personally am a content person and also don’t spend much outside gym and most of my shopping is for groceries and even my kids hardly I buy clothes.If frocks get shorter,they wear pants underneath and until now I have never spurlged for them more than necessary.

my happiest vacation is not that vacation which he took me before kids which I hardly remember but that ooty vacation with my entire family for a week.That was bliss!!

Even if my husband earns basic pay..I will still be happy within my means..That’s why I am happy being a homemaker..don’t know if that’s a blessing or a curse am this way..

Most happiest time is when my kid said yesterday to cancel school lunch and just give me home lunch coz she loves it and when I see my hubby getting healthier coz he had some health issues.Just going to India vacations when I can spurlge that money on other luxury vacations
    And being with family..all those mean a lot to me.

I feel alien to this generation.I love cleaning,cooking and taking care of my family..hugging my kid and sleeping,telling her stories and being there for her.I feel complete being a homemaker but my choice is not accepted and frowned and cringed..

I am not a strong women.thats the problem

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear

8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Find a sitter. There are many people who pick up/drop off kids or spend a day when the kid is sick. If you really want something, there is always a way to make it happen.

If the kid is not too sick (she might feel better by tomorrow), why don't you take her with you to the interview? Call and ask your manager if that would be okay. You would know the work culture as well as won't be missing an opportunity.

My husband and I both came for an interview for our current job with a 3-year-old and a 3-month-old. It is quite acceptable nowadays. Although make sure to ask first or ask one of your neighbors to watch your daughter.

9. RRAJ

RRAJ Gold IL'ite

Really proud of you. Don't be inferior. As Appumom said you are in far better position.

anika987 likes this.
  10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

If we don’t have any problems in life then it becomes boring . Then we start creating problems in our head . Then we start seeking solutions for imaginary problems.

sindmani, Mehana, Sunshine04 and 2 others like this.