Super Super Stressed..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 30, 2020.

1. RRAJ

RRAJ Gold IL'ite

I wfh and my husband helps sometimes when he gets time but thats very rare. His job is also very high pressure one. So I don't bother him much.

Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Since am an admin,I don’t get much work from home options and also am starting after a long time and so I need to be in person.Which field are u in if u don’t mind me asking?

3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

if this job fits into your family schedule, u should take it. can you get a babysitter for tomorow?

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Just out of curiosity,Do working women really want to be homemakers?coz then I don’t know why my decision to be a homemaker was always questioned..

Yes as u said..kiddo will be a teen in few years..I have to agree I really enjoy being home and taking care of her needs,making fresh food and giving her relaxing showers,oil bath in weekends and sleeping with her,reading a book..many little things..taking care of husband and his health coz his high stress job does not allow him to find time for gym.So I cook three meals and pack for him..it feels good.I don’t mind starting a job if I want after my daughter is grown up but always worried if I will find one.

Also,I do not really spend on shopping just my fav things like gym,dance classes that’s all..:)I don’t have crazy desires but just India trips and spending time with family and friends.

I really enjoy being a homemaker and I can confidently say am super good at it.
    I am made for this.

problem is..in this 2020,people are finding it amusing to see a homemaker and someone liking it! It is so tough to explain my choice without getting some crazy looks..most women are working women around me

Raffaello, sindmani and Sunshine04 like this.
  5. RRAJ

RRAJ Gold IL'ite

IT. You can also do some certifications in the meantime and get a good paying job. There are lot of options available online nowadays.

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Problem is hubby says it will be hectic and he can’t help me in anyway in the future even if I take up the job..

from dropping her to school,coming back at home,cook,clean up and her activity classes it is going to be me..

I can ask hubby to take lunch outside and me also outside but his high stress job makes him eat a lot of junk and no workouts and he gained a lot of weight.His thyroid levels have risen too.I made him lose some through my cooking and packing three meals..am sure he will get unhealthy if I leave him in his own:(

he stresses me to wait till
    Kid leaves to middle school which is another 4 years so that it will get easier with kid

7. RRAJ

RRAJ Gold IL'ite

I will be very happy to be a homemaker if I had an option. Due to financial needs and other personal reasons I have to work. You have to be very happy you got a wonderful husband. Thank God for that.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  8. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Yes all working women miss spending quality time with their kids but for several reasons they cannot leave job. Very few are ambitious, many want to be financially independent, some want to save for future. Those ladies who taunt u must be jealous of you. I want to be homemaker but now my kids are big and they don’t need me. Also I want to build my own saving. You will have to do job rest of your life. Now you have chance to enjoy with your baby. In this country age doesn’t matter to start anything new.

sindmani, anika987 and Sunshine04 like this.
  9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Your kid can take the school bus.
    But you should be able to wfh in emergencies.
    Or
    Listen to your husband. Work after kid goes to middle school.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have no work from Option with this job.i asked the manager.Hubby office is one hour and more away and so he can’t too..

Hopefully I will get a job after long gap