1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thriller: The Ultimate Choice

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your feedback. Okay, I add Wednesday apart from the weekend days as long as I have the story ready.

Riverstream likes this.
  2. Tamrakshar

Episode 3
    The last time Archana was intimate with Rajan on bed was more than 2 years back. Whatever maybe the reason, excessive work pressure leading to fatigue or the mid-life crisis, she didn't know, Rajan had lost interest in Archana long time back. While Archana was 38, Rajan was 10 years older than her.

Siddharth was a junior colleague in Rajan's team in the company. As he hailed from the same state of Andhra Pradesh, they had formed a cordial bonding among themselves. Siddharth being a bachelor and sharing an apartment with 5 of his colleagues hailing from different states in India, Rajan had often called him for dinner to be prepared by his wife Archana.

Initially, Archana was not that enthusiast about preparing dishes for another man. But, very soon, Siddharth's charming personality, and his sugary praises about her cooking, which Archana knew was not that great, softened her stance. It didn't take much longer for them to share their phone numbers and email ids. Siddharth gave Archana which she had been desperately searching for years: attention. Despite his busy schedule, he always picked her calls, chatted with her over WhatsApp, and emails.

Very soon they began to meet outside in shopping malls, movie theatres and music programmes. Their emotional bonding was complete.

Rajan had never played any game since he was 10 years old. His father was a clerk at a private company. He drew a salary that was too meager for his family of 6: he and his spouse and 4 children of whom Rajan was the eldest. He had seen prospect in Rajan, and encouraged him to study hard. Rajan had seen proverty, he knew he had to succeed in life to get rid of it, and he had to take care of his younger siblings. So, he relinquished all the worldly pleasures to concentrate whole-heartedly on studies. His father could not afford private tutors, but that didn't deter Rajan form progressing with the help of his dogged tenacity. His school teachers helped him generously. His was the case of hard work paying off. After class XII, his was the case of grand success. He got chance in the IIT Chennai, and never looked back.

Sometimes, the smell of success acts as an intoxicant, and people deviate from the right path. Marriage, also, can make a man to change his course of action. But, Rajan was the one, and he was very proud of it, who never forgot his obligations. From the very beginning of his career, he had been sending 50% of his earnings to his family in Andhra Pradesh.

As he never played games after he was 10 years old, when someone tripped him on the road, he fell like a felled tree. He didn't know how to use his hands to lessen the impact of the fall. Thus, his face got a huge thump, and he became senseless immediately.

When he gained his consciousness, he could not see anything. He blinked his eyes on numerous times without any success in watching light. He wanted to pinch himself to check his consciousness. But, he found something was obstructing him in reaching his left forearm. Rajan tried harder only to get the feeling of some sharp metal biting his wrist. Soon, he realized that he had been handcuffed, and the steel was so tightly held to his wrist that if he tried to remove it, it made an incision.

Rajan had never been in such a precariously helpless situation. He cried for help, " Is there anyone here? Please help me."

No one responded. Rajan shouted harder again and again. But, no one came. After 30 minutes of continuous shouting, Rajan realized that no one was listening to him. "How come?" He wondered. At last, he resigned. He tried hard to remember what happened last when he had consciousness.

To be continued

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar
    So nice of you for adding one more day to publish the story and it atleast reduces my curiosity levels. Oh! Rajan, too, handcuffed same as Archana! :shocked:. I didn't expect this surprise turn but I knew that you will come up with astonishing twists.:thumbup: Now, story is becoming more interesting.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  4. Tamrakshar

Yes, it's indeed strange that Rajan was also handcuffed! Let's see what's happens next. Wait for Saturday.

Mistt likes this.
  5. Riverstream

Riverstream Bronze IL'ite

I thought Rajan had a hand in the handcuffing of his wife. But he himself is handcuffed. Hmmm interesting turn.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  6. Tamrakshar

Yes, it's indeed strange that Rajan was also kidnapped! It will take a few more episodes to know the motive of this.

Riverstream likes this.
  7. Tamrakshar

Episode 4

There was an incident which Archana would never forget. As the day progressed, Archana realized that their romance was coagulating , and Rajan was moving farther away from her. Rajan was very meticulous in his works, and he had a very sharp brain. But, Archana wondered, despite these positive attributes, how on earth he could forget Archana's birthday every year without fail! Initially, she used to become morose; she even stopped talking to him for several days. But, it didn't make any impact, as Rajan hardly noticed it!

This year was no exception; Rajan didn't care and he followed his normal routine of going to office at 8 AM in the morning. He didn't even wish Archana! Archana heaved a heavy sigh, and tried to concentrate on her daily chores.

After her children went to school, Archana was standing in the veranda. She was taking a dip in her past, and cherishing the memory of her birthday celebrations in her hometown Tirupathi. Every year. Her father celebrated her birthday with great fanfare. Hundreds of people used to throng her place, and bless her. She didn't know for how long she was lost in her thought, but the message ringtone of her IPad brought her back to her sense. Thinking that it could be an annoying advertising message, she reluctantly opened it, and her eyes became widened. It was from Siddharth.

"Meet you in 30 minutes." Archana was puzzled to see the crisp message from him. As far as she remembered, she didn't tell anything about her birthday. Then why was he coming? Didn't he go to office? Archana put a mild make up thinking about the answers to the above questions. 30 minutes passed in no time, and the doorbell rang Ding Dong, Ding Dong.

Archana rushed towards the door like a little girl, and opened it with a lot of expectations in her eyes. Yes, it was Siddharth in a royal blue, half sleeve Pearl Ocean casual shirt and a biscuit coloured chino Ben Martin trouser, grinning from ear to ear. But, he didn't greet her. Though that dampened Archana's mood a bit, she didn't mind it as the mere presence of Siddharth to her was good enough to enliven her spirit.

"Got a big problem, Hon!" Before Archana could say anything, Siddharth uttered the words while throwing his body on the divan.

"What's up? Soft drinks or coffee?"

"Don't have that much of time Archu! My brother, an ass, I tell you, have got me in a very precarious situation. It's his wife's birthday, and he doesn't know how to purchase a gift for her! He gave me the responsibility, and you know how much I know about these girly things! So, here I am at your doorsteps for your guidance to save me and my brother form the wrath of a very angry lady. Who better than you know that whenever a beautiful lady becomes angry, the heaven falls onto the earth!

Initially, Archana was quite frustrated to know that this visit had nothing to do with her. But, the super sad facial expressions of Siddharth, and to be specific, the pout, and the hilarious language changed Archana's somber mood. She smirked,

"Okay, I will help you. But, you never told me that you got a brother here!?"

"Not my blood brother Honey, but a neighbourly one who has become like my own over the years. Now, should we go?"

Archana was ready within 10 minutes, and off they went to the nearby supermarket. " How's she?" Archana had to know her shape, age and choice.

"Don't know about her choices! But, size and age? Almost like you. "

"Oh, really? Then my job would be easier."

Shopping is probably the best entertainment for any woman. Archana was no exception. She became so excited and so engrossed in shopping that she thought that this experience had made her day. After a thorough shop hopping, she selected a top and a skirt from her favourite brand Levis.

"Shopping over! Now let's go home."

"No Archu, Bhavi will be angry if we don't buy her a diamond ring."

Diamond was Archana's best friend. Hearing the word from Siddharth, her eyes lit up, and it needed no further invitation for her to drag Siddharth to the Tiffany and Co, her favourite jewellery shop in Chicago.

To be continued

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar
    Going good. Looking forward to read what has happened to Archana, her husband and who is behind those kidnaps.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Tamrakshar likes this.
  9. Riverstream

Riverstream Bronze IL'ite

Extra marital affairs? Hmm.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  10. Tamrakshar

Thanks Mistt for your comment! The mystery will unfold soon.

Mistt likes this.