1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Made For Each Other

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jan 17, 2020.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

‘Krish here..’ I said admiring myself in the mirror. I looked early thirties than my actual age of forty. I’m a proud director of successful startup and investors are pouring in for my research. I just need a bit of… My thoughts were interrupted by Swetha

‘Father is sleeping after lunch. Mother is watching TV serial since 11.30. She didn’t like the pulao I made though I made it as per her recipe.’ Swetha said mechanically. I sighed.

‘Okay I’m starting from here. Should be home around eight..’ I replied.

‘Right’ the call was disconnected.

I’m not sure whether there will be a day when mom doesn’t find fault with Swetha.

‘About time is it? I hate to leave…’ Aditi snuggled with me.

As Aditi whispered something in my ears my thoughts drifted to situation back home. Things are not going as expected between my parents and Swetha, it’s almost six months since I married Swetha but the issues seem endless

That night I reached home only after ten and Swetha was waiting for me. It was good to eat from her never fail recipes. Thankfully my mother was sleeping else she would have started the complain session. I thanked Swetha enormously for taking care of everything so well, but as usual she was more focused on planning the next day.

I woke up hearing my mother ranting about something.

‘Good morning..’ I announced in the hall and sat next to my father. Swetha handed me a tea which was exactly as per my taste. I could see she handed a cup to my father too.

‘Fantastic Tea..’ my father remarked. My mother dropped the TV remote and glared at him.

’40 plus years I have been making tea for you..did you ever..’ she stated sobbing.

‘I have when it is according to my specification…ginger taste should not..’ he started explaining ‘But how does it matter, Swetha has a magic touch..’he said.

What followed next was huge cry from mother on how no is respecting her….me by marrying an orphan girl whom she doesn’t like and him by putting her down before the new DIL.

I went to my room and got ready for office in a jiffy for I couldn’t stand mother today. Swetha predicted this and got my breakfast readily packed.I was happy to get out of the house, father would soon be out for temple and it would be just Swetha with mother. I made couple of weather check calls from office but couldn’t decipher anything from Swetha’s words.

When I returned back home mother has gone to bed and dad was watching tv munching on something. He offered me the snack saying it is made by Swetha. While I was chatting with him he kept on praising how Swetha keeps the house neat, cooks special meals for him and helps him with everything. He said though he was angry initially at me for marrying a girl from office, he completely approves my choice now. He was wondering how a brilliant girl like Swetha liked to remain at home.

I smiled atleast someone was getting along with Swetha.

He remarked that I’m not taking Swetha anywhere out, that got me thinking and the next day I planned for a weekend trip with Swetha. Mother was aghast hearing that and demanded loads of food to be prepared by Swetha. Swetha did those easily and got ready. While we were starting for the trip, mom was fighting with Swetha

‘Krish…I want to know why she is closing the kitchen door while cooking?’ mom was red with anger.

‘She likes cooking in her way..ma is this really important?’ I chided her.

Mom went on a roll about how Swetha locks herself always till dad intervened and asked us to leave. I let Swetha drive and took rest. I couldn’t call it as vacation as I had lot of work to do. I didn’t have time to go out of the resort.

When we were starting back , I called mother who said she loved the latest photo I shared. After the call I looked at the phone to see many photos of us were shared to my parents.

‘You shared those photos? I didn’t think of it..’ I said to Swetha.

‘As expected…Only the experts can say these were photoshopped..’ Swetha responded.

‘Not even a slim chance..’ I remarked glancing back the photos…’Packed?’ I questioned.

‘Yes..look I have picked up couple of gifts to your parents and relatives…’ she showed me.

‘Thanks Swetha..’

‘That’s not necessary Krish…’ she said monotonously.

As soon as we were back from vacation, father’s health started deteriorating and it was Swetha, who took him to hospital remained by his bed side and took complete care of him. Even my mother stopped rebuking Swetha within next three months cancer saw the better of him and he left.

Ten days after his death, family lawyer came and said that he has left most of everything to me .

Aditi started pestering me to tell my mother now that everything belongs to me. I was used to the comfort of coming to clean home, home cooked meals but that arrangement with Swetha can continue. That day I was discussing with Aditi on how to open it with my mom and we were really celebrating how far we have come.

I went home that day with Aditi.

‘This is Aditi, we are in love since the time I went to states for studies and I’m going to marry her..’ I told my mother. She had a perplexed look and was scanning my half Indian girl friend weirdly.

‘What non sense? What’s wrong with you? You came like this a year back announcing you married a girl from your office and now this. Swetha come out..’ she yelled and to Aditi she asked ‘ Don’t you know he is married?’

‘Calm down ma....’ I said.

‘How can I calm down? She is such a good cook..look how beautiful she maintains the house..obedient never talks back..what wrong you find in her? Where is she Swetha?’ she shouted hysterically.

‘I have instructed her not to come..listen ma Swetha will continue to stay here if you prefer..I brought her in for dad. I knew he is in last stage of life , he wanted me to get married, I know he wouldn’t like Aditi….’ I started explaining.

‘You were afraid of being leaving out from will didn’t you.. ‘

She caught the point better than I expected. ‘Yes…marrying Aditi against his wishes would have ruined everything..’ I admitted. Who on the earth would forgo such a huge property especially when there is option.

‘What will I tell others? There is never a divorce in the family..’ she started sobbing.

‘Ma..I have told you Swetha is from my lab..’

‘You paid her to stay married is it..’

‘No..I made her..Ma..Swetha is the advanced model of humanoid robot. I made her according to your and dad specification..’

Bhoonzee, Sinant, Sweetynila and 12 others like this.

2. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

Wow!! Unexpected twist.

3. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wow @blackbeauty84 I loved your story!! :clap2:

Half way thru the story I guessed the end and I was smiling till the end because I was so happy. Happy because it reminded me of a story I wrote almost 10 years ago here in IL. I would love to hear your opinion on my story too. You can find it here:

DIL in 2030

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@blackbeauty84 :grinning:Another gripping story from you :thumbup:and I have started to look for clues from the beginning of the story. I guessed the twist while you were introducing the great qualities of Swetha [so obedient/no complaints on anyone] because it's very rare to find such type of DIL in this era and mentioning about Aditi with Krish broke the suspense for me. :beer-toast1::)

5. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

A popular serial named "Kaler bou" (meaning cyborg daughter-in-law) has been running successfully in West Bengal, where a scientist groom has invented a cyborg to replace his rustic, uneducated wife, whom he loves very much, to save her from the wrath of his relatives.

6. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

As usual an unexpected twist at end...good one

7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Guesssed it at photoshopping point...Loved to read

8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG..LOL..Initially I was thinking to take tips from Swetha, how on earth can one stay without complaints in a lifestyle like that ..kudos BB to your writing skills...You have a very great talent of holding the grip of the suspense until the very end ...:roflmao:..I was thinking even though she quit her job she can still work on her multimedia skills by photoshopping it to 100% accuracy..or else I thought with Aditi in picture MIL started praising Swetha who until then was fighting with her..but the twist is totally unexpected...

9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Quite a bewildering twist befitting the modern universe. Very good foreseeing the future things to happen in twenty second century.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God - How would You confront robotic God.

10. Sweetynila

Sweetynila Silver IL'ite

Nice writing BB. Didn't expect swetha was a robot.