1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Camp For Kids? Fees?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Jan 20, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Usually what is the basic amount for any summer camp..a decent one?How much can one expect?

Lot of people put their kids in summer camps.

My hubby says it is better you go to India during summer.The offer is tempting but I want to see which is a better deal.

My child is 7.How much will I be paying per month for a full time summer camp?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Entirely depends on your area and the type of camps you are looking at. Talk to other parents to get an idea. Start booking now since the popular ones will fill up early.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The popular one is too costly!

came up to $3950 per month!!

4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Look like your dh is right on expenses. But you can explore. The fee for summer camp depends on the location.

anika987 likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

What does everyone during two months summer holidays?

Does everyone put kids in camp?
    What are the other toptions

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

No.
    One of my friends, stays home during that time. So her kids spend that time with her. Once in two years she take two months of vacation in India. You can select a few weeks for Sumner camp, no need to attend full time. It gives the option to attend other camps as well. That option may be there

In my case there no other choice as I work full time. I take vacation in India fir and rest of the time, they go to summer camp. If I dont go, then they go to Sumner camp for nearly two months. But every thing should be planned in advance and registration for summer camp is done by first week of April.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    sindmani likes this.
  8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Depends on the family. My stay home mom friends don’t send kids to camp all summer.. a week or two only.

We take about 2 weeks off ( 3 weeks if going to India) and rest of the time kids go to camp. Summer, fall, winter, spring... all camps. The weekly fee in our area is $300/wk for the best camps.

startinganew, Angela123 and anika987 like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Your kid is 7 and willing to go to India. You can afford to go for 6-8 weeks. Husband is also OK with it. You also don't dislike India. :tonguewink: Go.

Kids grow up so fast and soon she will herself want to go to summer camps and India trips will become shorter, less frequent. Go to India, make memories for her and yourself. Maybe take a detour to country on the way to or back if husband can join you.

peartree, sindmani and anika987 like this.
  10. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Depends on the area of camp you are looking for, Robotics/science camps costs 200/week for Half day (usually 9-12pm or 1-4pm). If it is sports camps the cost differs, did you check YMCA or your county recreation clubs? they are usually cheaper options but no camp will be full day like day-cares. My DH try to WFH for couple of weeks and I do WFH for couple of weeks and send our 2 kids ( 2 weeks in June and 2 weeks in July) to the camps, and costs us close 2000 for both of them.

anika987 and sindmani like this.