1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Quid Pro Quo With The Gods

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 20, 2017.

1. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Hola! Sorry, unable to catch up with the activity here. Not finding time for IL, will return when I return. I usually leave a song to denote my offline life when I am away from IL. This time it is ..

My recurring grievance about life has been that I am awash in indestructible excitement over nothing, if you inquire what is it that keeps me so overdosed about life, I can't pinpoint, but the song manifestly captures my state of mind as it 'mainly focuses on the unconstrained and carefree attitude of the protagonist who is filled with life.'

Mera falsafaa kandhe pe mera basta
    Chala main jahaan le chala mujhe rasta
    Boondon pe nahin
    Gehre samandar pe woh oo woh

Been smitten with that taste of life, novelty, discovery and blithe wanderings, mind saturated in unfettered delight. Will be back, when I am back. Ta!

Afresh likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Fair enough! After all, the crux of the matter is that we must always keep our body and soul together.
    'Ta!' as you say!

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

You have discovered that the life is nothing but celebration which means you have achieved your original blissful state. All material things are not real and nothingness is where you find the blissfulness. We can cancel our planned trip to Tibet if you can agree to teach me how to get where you are at now.

4. Cheeniya

@Novalis
    1439 Photographers
    That was what Dhiraj Chawda also thought of himself when he first went around with his box camera. He became a celebrity soon as this photo of his would show:
    [​IMG]

My vote is for the solitary duck. I have great reverence for any soul that prefers solitude. They know it is bliss! Remember what Diogenes told Alexander the Great? "Yes, stand a little out of my sunshine."!

startinganew likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Novalis
    1440 Ambitious Spider web
    Spider web is a very annoying thing because of its nature to stick to you and making you gain your freedom again a very onerous thing. The world's largest spider web is said to be Darwin's bark spider (scientific name Caerostris darwini) which is an orb-weaver spider that produces the largest known orb webs, ranging from 900 to 28,000 square centimetres (140 to 4,340 sq in), with bridge lines spanning up to 25 metres (82 ft).
    The spider webs that we see in movies are matchless. Take for example the movie In The Spider's Web - Crawling to Freedom Of course, this is nothing when compared to the booth bungalows in Indian movies!

startinganew likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@Novalis
    1441 Anglo-Indians
    Chennai is distinguished by its Anglo-Indian and Chinese population. While a large Anglo-Indian population manned steam Engines in Madras and Trichy, some of them rose to very eminent positions. Quite a few of my seniors in State Bank were Anglo-Indians. We had a very distinguished IG of Police who was an Anglo-Indian. There is a Hill in Chennai named after Anglo-Indians. It is called Parangi Malai. The Anglo-Indians were called Parangiar in Tamil because of their fair complexion which resembled yellow pumpkin.
    The Chinese of Chennai were all dentists. When I was young, there used be some fifty Chinese dentists here and their golden tooth used to be the most sought-after item. We have a few even now and one of them is a close friend of mine and a Freemason!

startinganew likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

@Novalis
    1442 Art Buchwald
    I still remember how eagerly I used to wait for the Sunday Edition of The Hindu to read Art Buchwald. His satire couched in classic humor attracted everybody. The news of his death blew us to pieces.
    I remember a cartoon on the rear of a tiny Maruti saying 'One day I'll grow up as a BMW'
    I keep saying it to myself vis-à-vis Art Buchwald.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Art Buchwald credited with the following remarks when a reporter asked him what he would do in leisure:
    He quipped, “ I would climb Mountain Everest for relaxation”.
    Thanks and Regards.
    Happy New Year.

9. digitaltucr

digitaltucr New IL'ite

I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing.

10. Cheeniya

@digitaltucr
    Thank you for visiting my blog site. I do hope that you will find my blogs interesting. If you are looking for some serious stuff, this is not the place!:blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.