1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Animals' Petition To God.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jan 12, 2020.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

ANIMALS DISREGARD THE ADVICE OF THE LOIN KING AND PETITION TO GOD.

‘Only humans have the right to seek salvation’ this is how the scriptures would like us to believe. Human birth is the only opportunity when one can try to get freedom from the torturous cycle of birth and rebirth. Our saints and sages cajole us, coax us and at times reprimand us for availing this golden opportunity and get Nirvana.

Animals, particularly the four-legged who are closest to humans, have been listening to these discourses for centuries and took it as their fait accompli. But then as in humans, there is a crop of new generation among the animals too and they thought enough is enough and they cannot take it anymore. They went to the aging Loin King and expressed their views. Old is no more gold in the animal kingdom also. The Lion King tried to pacify them and advised them to contend with their life but it was not to be. The youth brigade formed a group and went to petition God on the issue directly. This is how their petition read.

"We, the disadvantaged four-legged creatures living in the forests, whatever is left of forests now, thanks to the unchecked urbanization by humans, solemnly resolve that no more can we tolerate this injustice of not able to seek salvation within our lifetime, as humans can do. We strongly believe that we are in no way inferior to humans and in many cases are superior to them. Hereunder are given a few of the superior points:-

1. Unlike humans, we have no desires. We still move in our birthday dress. We care a little where we shall spend the night. The earth under the sky is our shelter. We indulge in sex only for procreation, the very fundamental of creation. We are free of KAMA ( Passion)
    2. Unlike humans, we do not indulge in hoarding. We take from nature what is necessary to quench our immediate hunger and thirst. Unlike humans, we are detached from worldly possessions like shelter, clothing, and food. We are free from Lobha (Greed)
    3. Unlike humans, we do not carry the baggage of anger. We do show our unpleasantness once in a while but that’s it. For us gone is bygone. We are free from Krodha (Anger)
    4. Unlike humans, we do not pamper our children and grandchildren. Once they can fend for themselves, and they must do as quickly as possible, we no more have the pangs of attachment and babysitting for generation after generations. We are free from the attachment.
    5. Unlike humans, we have no qualms about our status, possessions, and upkeep. We are free from Ahankara (Ego)
    It is therefore humbly submitted that we too may be given the right of seeking salvation within our lifetime, which in any case is shorter than humans.”

The Lord read the petition carefully. He could not tell them that they were humans in their last or last but one birth and that it was their misdeeds as humans that they had to take birth as animals because it was of no use.

“Exactly!” said the Lord, “You do not need to seek salvation. You have already achieved the first level of salvation. Now to achieve the second and final level of salvation to reach My Abode and be free from birth and rebirth, you will be born as humans in your next birth. Amen”.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” cried the animals and returned to the Kingdom only to be admonished by the Lion King for disregarding his advice.

anupama1 and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

But reading news reports in media gives me the feeling there are animals in human form though they can not be categorised as quadrupe. Real animals tired of living animals and so they sought God with petition for granting salvation. But a few Real men not bothered about salvation but turn like wild animals in season!

Thanks and Regards.
    God has created species all equal in some respect but some are more equal than the rest.

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Well said.When I visited a forest in Africa,I found a pride of lions lying down and basking in the sunshine.Some distance away zebras and Giraffe were grazing.When I asked the guide whether the lions wont attack us,he replied that the lion once he has a meal of 60 kgs he wont attack until he feels hungry. It is a different matter that I was also weighing 60 kgs.The avarice of humans is best seen at times of natural calamities when a handful empty the shops leaving others in the lurch.SLN

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That is quite interesting. In one go lion and tiger eat such huge quantity of prey and weeks would pass to digest it before they are ready for another meal. But in zoos of the world, I heard lions are fed daily may be not 60 kg in one go!

2. But imagine, If humans are provided with such power to eat to last for several weeks or months what would happen to civilisation.
    Thanks and Regards.

HariLakhera likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

The whole thing started from the myth that only humans are capable of seeking and getting salvation. But being born as human itself is a tedious job. It all depends on the Karma in present life. Chances are, one may get birth as a lowly creature before taking birth as human depending upon Karma. This is what the poor animals were not aware of.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. HariLakhera

Humans come from different planets. May be their conditioning there gives birth to inborn selfish nature. Added to that is lack of self confidence. They are never sure about tomorrow vis-a-vis their capacity to handle it. The end result is looting and hoarding.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

If you are referring to Indian zoos, I am sure half of the food money in the name of animals may be eaten by the zoo keepers.
    As for the second point, I guess, there will be nothing much to do and hence no progress.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hari Sir,

I don't know how God can reject that kind of rock solid petition with great points. As a matter of fact, that impressive list you have given above should become a model code of conduct for the human beings (barring a few edits to the first point). Telling the animals that they need to go through one more life as human being appears to be not a blessing but a punishment. We are living in a period where monkeys are listening to upanyasas, cows are performing abhisekham to the Lord, snakes carry flowers to place them on Shiva Linga and so on. If I can make a petition, I wouldn't mind representing on behalf of the animals.

Note: One question for you. If a few animals behave like a handful of men that hunt for women including visitors to India in various cities, will other animals ask, "Why are you behaving like humans?"

10. HariLakhera

Dear Viswa,
    Thanks for your feedback. If my understanding is clear and as I said earlier, seeking and reaching salvation is the privilege of humans or it is only in human form that salvation is possible. The ways to salvation are laid down as Jyana, Karma and Bhakti, Bhakti being the easiest one. Also, while Sativik get salvation, Rajasik are born as humans in spiritually inclined families, meaning Brahman families so that they make another try but Tamasik humans take birth as lowly creatures as punishment and only when their sins are paid in full, they become eligible to be born as humans.
    In this case the animals, read lowly creatures, have convinced God that they are better than humans in many ways and hence be given salvation. God is not convinced fully as they have yet to go through one of the three laid down ways which only humans can perform.
    As for hunting for women, or in case of animals sex partner, except for pigs i guess, all females look for it only for procreation at certain intervals and invite a male partner in their way. It means, unlike humans, male animals can not and will not force themselves on unwilling females. But I am not sure. It can be added as additional point in the petition.
    As you might have observed it is only a writer's wavering and in reality it is not going to happen and even it is happening no one will know, hahahaha.
    Thanks again for reviving the snippet.