1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Oil Massage Before Shower

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by SuiDhaaga, Jan 9, 2020.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP,

If its a medical condition, you need to follow the dermatologist.

But my thoughts are on another possibility.

I think your room atmosphere may be very dry.

What is your room temperature ? If its above 70 deg F, the air can become dry and can create issues.
    So first reduce temperature to 70 deg F or below . Then buy a humidifier and use it in every room (at least in your bedroom) . Also apply thick moisturizers. It will help.

Apply coconut oil , its very light. Later take bath with warm water. Dont take shower for long. It will make skin dry. Once its done apply moisturizer. Try this if there is itch (Sarna Anti-Itch Lotion | #1 Dermatologist Recommended for Itch Relief). I used when in India, prescribed by doctor and its available in Walmart/amazon. Also wear comfortable cotton clothes that can breath (not tight).

I didnt know about the issue of room temperature when I reached USA. Within a few months, I faced similar situation. Especially my forehead skin became dark, scaly and dry . Also my thighs had itch plus red bumps. Finally I end up applying steroid based cream prescribe dby dermatologist. Later only I realized that were cause by high temperature in my home. I kept it around 75-80 deg F that time. So I think the itch you mentioned may be due to this problem. Try. I hope it will help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

If you are dehydrated then also your skin becomes dry. Try to drink water as the first thing in the morning. Usually in winter months we are not inclined to drink more water. But consciously we have to hydrate our system, then the skin will be hydrated.

Thyagarajan, SuiDhaaga and Bihil like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Is your thyroid levels normal?
    Not to scare you but I have seen people with under active thyroid face this dry skin problem and more in winter.

Thyagarajan and SuiDhaaga like this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I wish these dr's order full blood test. It is hard for me to travel far. Nearby doctor is scared to order detailed tests. And she is on vacation.

I will try .... at least I eat non-veg.....

5. SuiDhaaga

day 1 of steriod: minimal itch, but cannot sleep (already have disturbed sleep due to other health issues)
    day 2: same minimal itch, barely sleep
    day 3 - today: nightmare of itch. nothing worked. coconut oil burned where i stratched heartily about a wek back

hope to reach dr on monday

6. SuiDhaaga

yes, i do drink water in morning

7. SuiDhaaga

i have been taking synthroid for past 20 years. i asked dr for FULL thyroid panel, she gives standard. my insurance will cover FULL thyroid panel.

8. SuiDhaaga

thank you for replies. i tried to reply my best. still very sleepy, but not getting sleep.

please pray, i feel so discouraged with this health issue. my daughter is trying to encourage me, but i feel hopeless.