1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Facts Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 6, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I know I won't get much feedback still posting

Facts of life - kadva sach

If my children read this post they might not like it but if I keep this in heart and not share with my close friends and relatives I might go into depression because at this age cant bear when someone hurts my feelings

When someone appreciates me I feel very happy and feel on the top of the world too but cant digest when someone tells me on the face something which hurts me. Before marriage I never gave importance to cooking as I wanted to enjoy life in young age, my grandmother, mother elder sister were all there to do the cooking, actually by 7 a.m. my mother and grandmother used to finish the cooking and grandmother used to say whole life is there for you to do cooking.

Later after marriage also I did not give much importance though I was married to a family where all are experts in cooking. My office friends and contract bus friends have enjoyed my husband's cooking and in the office they used to ask did Iyer make this, that time I did not feel bad. But dont know in this age I am not able to bear it. Recently one relative was saying that he only cooks but that was when I working and he used to help me and cook during functions. My children also used to wait to have the kalanda chadam made by him with rice , ghee, sambhar , vegetables and pickle. When relative said also I ddi not take it serious but two days back in a function one friend was asking now also mama only cooks. I told her not now I only cook and she was asking what all do you cook, do you make milagootal . That day I think she did not have any friend so she called me to sit near her , in the beginning I enjoyed sitting with her but after she asked me this question I was very disturbed and later when another friend called me I went and sat with her.

So friends those who appreciate my drawings, jewellery etc. bear in mind I am not good in cooking, keeping the house perfect. I only know being on line thats all

kkrish, Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.

2. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Here I am wishing you a happy new year along with my first feedback. After marriage, it is entirely a personal arrangement between the DH and DW as to who is to do what, while sharing family responsibilities. No third person, even though they might be your close relative- do not have any business to interfere in personal matters and pass on hurtful comments. Just ignore these things and make peace with yourself.

Agatha83

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

Wish you too a very Happy New year. Thanks for your first feedback which made my day. Thanks for your caring and loving message

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    I can understand your anguish.Do what you like best and dont fret about what you are not good at.The way you have progressed in IL reveals a commitment and this capacity can easily transferred to cooking also if you wish.
    Regards
    SLN

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks for your loving message mama. After retirement I am cooking independently and my friends like my dishes. Now I try many recipes

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Viji amma,

Happy new year. You are an amazing person and I respect and love you for that and so do many here in IL and in your personal life. So don't be bothered by such remarks or questions. You are the Best at being YOU...so be awesome as always:)

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:
    Dear Viji,
    Sometimes humourous stories can happen without the writer's intentions. This is one of those. That Milagoottal !! Is that like the Holy Grail of Palghat-Iyer cuisine ?

Anyone who knows how to be online, knows the how-to of everything. Including how to make milagootal. That is all.

Happy new year !

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is true that one should know what to and when to ignore remarks and proceed with our chores in life. Yet some statements made against a person that too in presence of others do make a strong negative impact which is difficult to forget especially for women.
    As @sln say’s in FB, your attitude to ignore such negative remarks or utterances and to go ahead is evidenced in your association with IL for over a decade. I am Happy for your attitude.

There are many OPs for which one may not even a get single like despite views count in excess of hundred. But that should not deter him or her from sharing our feedback or posting our VPs.
    God bless.

9. iyerviji

Glad to get your compliments.How r you. Wish you also Happy New year. Thanks for your loving message