1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear aunty,

Thank you for coming to post here. All I can say is this

says it all!

You are a true inspiration for many of us and am personally very grateful to have known you. Thank you!

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Swetha52003 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Chitvish

Pangs of parting...

Swetha52003, Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  4. Chitvish

Thyagarajan and heron like this.
  5. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Thank you for clarifying, Chitvish Mam.

Its so unfortunate that you are forced to detach from your own original article....and the other party did not mind to give back the credit EVEN AFTER they were told.

I am fairly new but was amazed how much of respect you have as a wise person here in this forum. No wonder, as your posts have warmth and care in them .We hope to have more wisdom from you :).

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Ma'am,
    I understood your feelings and please don't take it heart. I believed you only when @Srama told about you because I trusted Srama's words and I knew about how some popular persons took credit or someone's work/writings. So kind of you for responding here and it increases my respect towards you.:worship2::worship2:

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good that the authorship of the whatsapp forward is clarified.

In one such video, someone should ask her about her name being used in forwards of messages not written by her. : ) Fame comes at a huge price. : )

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Rihana

Yes, that might be best. But it would mean a lot of avoidable paperwork for C, such as slowly working down that asset, and meanwhile checking for updated rules each year whether tax needs to be paid on it.

If C has no other money in India, working on dwindling down this would be a pain. Somehow I am imagining whittling away at a stick would bring more peace to the mind. : )

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Amulet and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

That is shocking in a way... all those blogs and watsapp video makers AND the email manager of Mrs Sudha Murthi ... havent cared for the original writer!

So sorry Chitvish mam :(. It must be very tough seeing your noble idea on someone elses name. Sigh

Also @Mistt , you seemed to be more concerned in you being right on the topic than the credential issue itself.

Swetha52003, Roar and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Rihana

So, the household is in holiday mode, and someone forgot to soak the dinner plates last night in the sink. No ants gathered, so I forgave the errant member and just ran a little water on the plates. The subah subah, early morning : ) remembered the new era MILs thread. : ) I have a kewstin regarding the same.

It was almost a unanimous comment there that everyone, old or young, and any gender, should pick up their own dinner plates. Kind of surprised me. Putting away dinner plates was not a big thing in my family. Mostly my mother and we sisters put them away, but brother had other duties assigned that he did at the same time (bringing in all the cycles, and any two-wheelers, checking outside tap was not on, any food/papads put out in the sun were not forgotten, and any remaining clothes on the clothes-line). Father just got up and retired to wash his hands and back to newspaper, radio or TV.

When mom was not well, or the maid-servant took off, father used to do all the dishes cleaning (lots of arguments between him and mom on the water and Vim he wasted), and he happily took the broom to clean the house if we had exams. For a while, we used to take over the broom/sweeping part that was right outside the front and back doors so neighbors wouldn't see, until it became known to all, and we stopped trying to hide it. Brother has been an equal or higher contributor in household chores in his family, including making, clearing dinner.

I asked DH. And in his house also, putting away plates etc. was done randomly, and no rule that each one put away their own.

I like the concept of course. Picking up after oneself (plates, glasses, trash, clothes, socks, books, coffee cups, ...) is a life-skill and makes you easier to live with. Was just struck by the unanimity around the each put-your-own-plates-away in the new era MILs thread. Is it really such a big deal or depends on our conditioning?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Amica, Roar, SinghManisha and 3 others like this.