1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gift Card For Teachers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by startinganew, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

last year i did target giftcards with some random wallets / those bathbursts / jewelry etc along with candies in a giftbag to each of the teachers in the day care ...it was first time for me and not very well planned :disappointed:
    then through out the year i did lunches for all the teachers in all the three rooms total 9-10 about 4 times in a year and random donuts / sweets etc once in two months or so. then i gifted them all cash during my childs birthday. i thought later did i overdo it ? had no regrets , they were fine with the baby all through the year. this time i am thinking to do cash + card only no eatables or other small gifts . i hope it doesnt look out of place . i dont know , my H always tells me that i overdo it but i am kind of scared to spoil the relationship with them .

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

@Sunshine04 it all depends on each parent. We can always pour our suggestions but you cannot say avoid candy or cookies. We all know teachers aren't paid high but from my opinion some parents aren't paid high as well or struggling with financially as well.

Gifting someone even with little it's welcoming!!!

3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes. That's why I mentioned according to individual abilities

4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I cannot give $5 gift card for all aides or teachers which I personally feel it's very low amount... preferably good size candy box which looks better...

Easy to say individual abilities...just want to say in future don't tell others to avoid candy box..

5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

We do $50 Amazon card for the classroom teachers (we have two main teachers) and $25 Starbucks/ Amazon cards for substitute teachers (two teachers). The college students prefer Starbucks. I also buy coffee and donuts for the staff (ask the director.. our daycare has 22 people working so two dozen donuts) to say thank you!

startinganew and Sunshine04 like this.
  6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

@Rihana- I never thought about cash either. I liked @MalStrom suggestion.

For my first grader- I made a little gift bag with $50 Amazon gift card, a jar with tea and spices with Indian chai recipe printed on a nice paper, an elephant shape tea strainers (to go with India theme), and an ornament made by the said first grader.
    For the bus driver- $25 Starbucks card and same chai- spices jar.

Both loved the Indian chai and recipe!

startinganew and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame