1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Identify 'mean' Person Or Camaflouged Person

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @Vedhavalli , if I remember correctly.
    Were you the one ,who was trapped with months of free babysitting of an Indian neighbor??
    The mom had gone to India for months .

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:but then all friendship begins with acquaintance. One need to add friends and enlarge friends’ circle which pays rich dividends later. I can’t help Thinking of vali & Sugriva of epic Ramayan.
    Regards.

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

No, I couldn't take for 3-4 hrs of free baby-sit

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Sunshine04 likes this.
  4. Vedhavalli

True ,sir friendships begin with acquaintance, but not by lying or taking advantage of another innocent person.
    Friendship is built on trust, truth like every other relationship.
    I kept my morals high, should lower standards accordingly

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Okay Vedavalli, I agree that your neighbour is a bit manipulative.:imp: I, too, have been manipulated by others on many occasions. But that's what I am not going to elaborate here. Instead, I will tell you to look at this matter from a different angle, like I do.

Helping anybody in need is a good deed. Helping an Indian in abroad is even better.:clapclap: I believe you are a practicing Hindu. In that case, you should take satisfaction in the fact that your good karma has increased.:clapclap: The other person can be mean, but why should not you be broad-minded? Also, think about the fun time your daughter had playing with her friend. In short, I will advice everyone to think positive.

Roar, sweetsmiley, BhumiBabe and 3 others like this.
  6. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Helping a fellow Indian in need is very different than being taken advantage of. Religion and karma has nothing to do with it, it’s mainly respect for other people and their time.

KayKuyil and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Helping a person in need of emergency is good humanbeing always do. But she is not here to do free bàbysit especially that person lied to her.

Of course her kid had a good time with her friend but doesn't mean someone can use her by telling lies. Current world is not all people remembering the good things done to them by other humans. Unless we find good friends indeed not lying and trying to help each other ....we shouldn't be used by someone.

sindmani, Thyagarajan and Vedhavalli like this.
  8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

First of all, dont feel bad on yourself. You did nothing wrong. If anything you helped a little girl who was stuck due to no fault of hers and made her comfortable till her mom came, so props to you for that.
    Secondly how to avoid this issue in future - stop answering the phone when they call you. Just dont pick up. If the call is at an odd hour, in the middle of the day, just before pickup or drop off, and esp if it is from your child's school or acquaintance you have hi bye relation with. Just let it ring, dont answer it. Let them call as many times as they want. Seriously I think this is only solution for you. Since saying no is also a problem for you. Dont call back later, dont text back, dont ask anything, just ignore the whole matter as if it never happened.
    If it was important they should've called you in advance and fixed it up, maybe during the hi-bye sessions, so dont feel guilty or wonder if you are leaving someone in lurch. This was their choice so not your problem.

9. Vedhavalli

Helping a
    Taking advantage, telling lies, worst was the kid didn't know her mom is going to leave her at some else house.

10. Vedhavalli

I'm practicing this for few years, because I believe if someone in real emergency would text if we don't attend call.
    But this woman called, I thought she was calling for upcoming school event. As I'm the school coordinator for entire grade. Little did I knew about the hardcore lie, what's bothering me is not the time, it's the pure cold lie.
    How can someone lie and leave the child to another person place for a party?

Vaikuntha likes this.