General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

And sorry no... I don't buy the 'bad english ergo post seems rude'

There are many many posts whom we can clearly see that their forte is not english yet they come across kind with the little vocabulary they got. They think twice before using words because they do not want to come across rude. Broken or immaculate, the care they put into the post ,shows.

Frivolous use of vocabulary just shows you could not care less what it meant nor made an effort to check.

Many of us are not that english anyway as we all studied in india... but people look up words, carefully use them and bring up their language. Not bring up english is perfectly fine but at least caring for the words you throw at others is manners?

By the way you have an inspirational story up your sleeve :).. there are lot of distressed threads in which it could be really be valuable and inspire people. Using it to package a point is making a waste of an inspiration. At the end of the day its your story and you add value to it. I can just suggest as its an amazing story to tell!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Vaikuntha, SinghManisha and SpringB like this.
  2. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Since I am going to Chennai soon, getting familiar with Rajini sir :) Today is his birthday and his daughter posted a picture. For a 69 year old man, he still looks good but his hair is different story :).
    Image taken from internet:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Vaikuntha, Roar and Laks09 like this.
  3. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

@Sunshine04 , I see ad of 'Family fun in Maldives'. Adsense algorithm is set to sense, what we type, so caught on to vacation :)

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

True. I was looking for perfumes earlier.
    @Laks09 was searching for house keepers ,coz she is a busy woman :banana:

Greenbay likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I’ve not looked for a housekeeper in a decade. Same one comes here.
    I’ve also not looked for any cleaning supplies. My housekeeper buys it on her own amazon account. I have no idea what she even uses anymore.
    I have also not looked for part time jobs or any job for more than six months now. I have no idea why part time house keeping jobs are of interest to me.

SinghManisha, Greenbay and Sunshine04 like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Greenbay
    I have nothing more to add.
    Wishing you happy travel to India and wishing you and your family a wonderful 2020 ahead.

Greenbay likes this.
  7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

what is the travel time and distance , I took my 2 month old to three different cities in flights and trains.

If it is a day travel it should be ok. If it more than 24 to 36 hours it will be difficult.

also travelled with a two year old on overnight train to tirupati

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Greenbay likes this.
  8. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

@armummy, travel time is 1 hr in plane and 2 hrs car ride to one sister. 1 hr in plane and 3 hrs car ride to another sister. They both can be in one place to lessen the burden. I talked to them on option to come to MBP resort or Chennai. One sister is flexible for any option but eldest sister wasn’t. So I most probably will visit her alone. We do regular video calls to show babies, so have to be content with that this time.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  9. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

This is very doable with small kids. Not a long travel time at all.

just take water bottles and ready made food that they eat on a regular basis. At one point of time my go to snack and meal on travel used to be Cheerios and fruits ..... just keep all essentials and it should be very doable.

Greenbay likes this.
  10. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Not everyone is comfortable travelling too many times with little babies. That too with twins I can't imagine traveling again and again in short vacation time , I am one such person who can't travel with my daughter just like that, some do but not everyone can handle it and that too with two kids it's better to be careful and not take unnecessary stress. Also I can tell for woman with little babies it's always comfortable at our mother's place. The logistics of food, bath everything for babies will be easier ,it will be difficult to ask someone else to prepare particular food for babies and other stuff.

So my advice is get your sisters to visit you people instead of traveling with twins, you can book a hotel for them so no one is uncomfortable.

Vaikuntha, Greenbay and Sunshine04 like this.