Stories of the prophets

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Yumna, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

In the Name of God,the Most Beneficent,the Ever Merciful !

There were some who believed it to be the truth. Others and most, however, believed she was using black magic and was attempting to deceive them. They were not convinced and continued to believe her as being unchaste and questioned the manner in which Isa (peace be upon Him) was conceived.

As Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) grew, the signs of prophet hood began to increase. He could tell his friends what kind of supper waited for them at home and what they had hidden and where. When he was twelve years old, he accompanied his mother to Jerusalem.

Prophet Isa is also called "maseeh" that he was able to cure illness with a mere touch.

In the Qur'an, the other miracles the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) performed by the will of Allah are related thus:

"I have brought you a Sign from your Lord. I will create the shape of a bird out of clay for you and then breathe into it and it will be a bird by Allah's permission. I will heal the blind and the leper, and bring the dead to life, by Allah's permission. I will tell you what you eat and what you store up in your homes. There is a Sign for you in that if you are believers. (3:49)

Despite all the miracles related so far, some people arrogantly rejected the miracles of the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) and said they were all magic.

Bani Israel were still unconvinced of Prophet Isa (peace be upon Him) and his message. They asked him what food sustained them and what they had stored in their houses. He responded correctly and yet they still did not believe (him to be a messenger of God).Prophet Isa (peace be upon Him) informed them that he was sent to confirm the Tawrah and to make permissible what was previously forbidden.

They continued to bring him the sick, blind, and infirmed - those that are paralyzed or with terminal illnesses. With Allah's permission, he was able to cure them all.

Prophet Isa's followers were from the poor and weak of the Bani Israel. He continued to invite people to worship Only Lord, Who is without partner, just as he invited them to purify the heart and soul.

His teaching annoyed the priests, for every word of Prophet Jesus was a threat to them and their position, exposing their misdeeds.

The Mosaic Law provides that an adulteress be stoned to death. They brought him a Jewish adulteress and asked Jesus: "Does not the law stipulate the stoning of the adulteress?" Jesus answered: "Yes." They said: "This woman is an adulteress." Jesus looked at the woman and then at the priests. He knew that they were more sinful than she. They agreed that she should be killed according to Mosaic Law, and they understood that if he was going to apply Mosaic Law, he would be destroying his own rules of forgiveness and mercy.

Prophet Jesus understood their plan. He smiled and assented: "Whoever among you is sinless can stone her." His voice rose in the middle of the Temple, making a new law on adultery, for the sinless to judge sin. There was none eligible; no mortal can judge sin, only Allah the Most Merciful.

Source: Ibn-Kathir, Ahmad Jibril,Harun Yahya

In-Sha-Allah,To Be Continued !

2. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

At the time the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) was sent, the people were in complete turmoil, both in the political and the economic sense. On one hand, there were the cruel conditions inflicted on the public and, on the other, dissenting beliefs and sects made life difficult.

Supporters of the system of disbelief of his time, especially, considered him merely a threat to their irreligious system. That is why they made plans to prevent him as soon as they heard about him.

Nevertheless, those who reacted against him were not limited to disbelievers. During that period, for various reasons, some of the rabbis took sides against the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) asserting that he was abolishing their religion, and of course by that they became disbelievers because of their opposition to a Messenger of Allah. What the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) did, in reality, was only to summon people to the original way, and eliminate the false rules introduced into Judaism by some rabbis themselves. Some of the people of Israel distorted their religion by prohibiting what was allowed by the original revelation and allowing what was prohibited by it. In this way, they changed the true way revealed by Allah. Following this, Allah sent the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) to purify the true religion of all the innovations incorporated into it at a later stage. The Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) called his people to the Injil (Bible), which confirmed the original Tawrah revealed to the Prophet Moses (peace be upon Him), as stated in the Qur'an:

“And WE sent Jesus son of Maryam following in their footsteps, confirming the Tawrah that came before him. WE gave him the Injil containing guidance and light, confirming the Tawrah that came before it, and as guidance and admonition for those who have fear." (5 :46)

“And when Prophet Isa came with the Clear Signs, he said, "I have come to you with Wisdom and to clarify for you some of the things about which you have differed. Therefore have taqwa of (heed) Allah and obey me. Allah is my Lord and your Lord so worship HIM. This is a straight path." The various factions among them differed. Woe then to those who did wrong on account of the punishment of a painful Day! (43: 63-65)

He traveled to Al-Nasirah in Palestine and called on the people for their support for a victory. The disciples answered to his call.

Almighty Allah says in the Quran:

And when I put in their hearts of the disciples (of Jesus) to believe in ME and MY Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims." (5:110-111)

The Hawiryoon were true worshippers.There were twelve disciples, and among the disciples were those that insisted on proof and were not willing to follow blindly. They presented Isa (peace be upon Him) with challenges and demanded that he ask Allah for a feast from heaven as a miracle. Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) replied that they should fear Allah if they were believers because should such a miracle be granted - and they still do not believe - doom would befall them.

(Remember) when al-Hawiryoon (the disciples) said: "Oh Isa, son of Maryam! Can your Lord send down to us a table spread (with food) from heaven?" Isa said, "Fear Allah, if you are indeed believers." 5:112

Allah said: "I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, then I will punish him with a torment such as I have not inflicted on anyone among (all) the 'Alamin (mankind and jinn)." 5:115

It is said that thousands of people partook of it, and yet they never exhausted it.The Day of the Table became one of the holy days for the disciples and followers of Jesus.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) stated the two that will receive the most severe punishment; they will be the people of Fir'aun and al-Ma'ida, those that disbelieved in the feast and the other miracles of Isa.

Sabbath was a a day of complete rest: no fire could be lit or extinguished. Prophet Musa (peace be upon Him) had commanded that Saturday be dedicated to the worship of Allah. However, the wisdom behind the Sabbath and its spirit had gone, and only the letter had remained.

They made a hundred things unlawful on Saturday even self-defense or calling a doctor to save a patient who was in bad condition. This is how their life was branded by such hypocrisy. Although the Pharisees were guardians of the law, they were ready to sell it when their interests were involved so as to obtain personal gains. There was, for example, a rule which prohibited a journey of more than one thousand yards on the Sabbath day. What do we expect of the Pharisees in this case? The day before, they transferred their food and drink from their homes two thousand yards away and erected a temporary house so that from they could travel a further thousand yards on the Sabbath day.

Jesus was on his way to the temple. Although it was the Sabbath, he reached out his hand to pick two pieces of fruit to feed a hungry child. This was considered to be a violation of the Sabbath law. He made a fire for the old women to keep themselves warm from the freezing air. Another violation. He went to the temple and looked around. There were twenty thousand Jewish priests registered there who earned their living from the temple. The rooms of the temple were full of them.

Jesus observed that the visitors were much fewer than the priests. Yet the temple was full of sheep and doves which were sold to the people to be offered as sacrifices. Every step in the temple cost the visitor money. They worshiped nothing but money. In the temple, the Pharisees and Sadducees acted as if it were a market place, and these two groups always disagreed on everything. Jesus followed the scene with his eyes and observed that the poor people who could not afford the price of the sheep or dove were swept away like flies by the Pharisees and Saducees. Prophet Jesus was astonished. Why did the priests burn a lot of offerings inside the temple, while thousands of poor people were hungry outside it?

Source: Ibn-Kathir, Ahmad Jibril,Harun Yahya

3. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Like an opposing force, the message of Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) came to denounce the practices of the Pharisees and to reinforce the Law of Moses. In the face of a materialistic age of luxury and worship of gold, Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) called his people to a nobler life by word and deed. This exemplary life was the only way out of the wretchedness and diseases of his age.Prophet Jesus's call, from the beginning, was marked by its complete uprightness and piety. It appealed to the soul, the inner being, and not be a closed system of rules laid down by society.

Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) continued inviting the people to Almighty Allah. His call was based on the principle that there is no mediation between the Creator and His creatures. However,Prophet Jesus was in conflict with the superficial interpretation of the Torah. He said that he did not come to abrogate the Torah, but to complete it by going to the spirit of its substance to arrive at its essence.

He (peace be upon Him) made them understand that the Ten Commandments have more value than they imagined. He (peace be upon Him) told them to desist from hypocrisy, show and false praise. There was no need to hoard wealth in this life. They should not preoccupy themselves with the goods of this passing world; rather they must preoccupy themselves with the affairs of the coming world because it would be everlasting.

His teaching annoyed the priests, for every word of Prophet Jesus was a threat to them and their position, exposing their misdeeds.

The Roman occupiers had, at first, no intention of being involved in this religious discord because it was an internal affair. Prophet Jesus went on his mission until vice knew that its throne was threatening to fall. So the forces of evil accused him of magic, infringement of the Mosaic Law, allegiance with the devil; and when they saw that the poor people followed him, they began to scheme against him.

“When they failed to stop Prophet Jesus's call, they decided to kill him. The chief priests held secret meetings to agree on the best way of getting rid of Prophet Jesus. While they were in such a meeting, one of the twelve apostles --Judas Iscariot, went to them and asked: "What will you give me if I deliver him to you?" Judas bargained with them until they agreed to give him thirty pieces of silver known as shekels. The plot was laid for the capture and murder of Jesus”.{Ibn-Kathir}

The priests had no authority to pass the death sentence at that time, so they convinced the Roman governor that Jesus was plotting against the security of the Roman Empire and urged him to take immediate action against him.

The Glorious Qur'an affirms that Almighty--the Exalted did not permit the people of Israel to kill Prophet Jesus or crucify him. What happened was that Allah saved him from his enemies and raised him to heaven. They never killed Prophet Jesus, they killed someone else.

It is said that the person who betrayed Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) when he went ahead to show his place of hiding to his enemy; it was planned he will enter the cavern first and after a while the soldiers who were hiding outside will follow to arrest Prophet Jesus. But when he entered the room; it is said that Allah had already informed Prophet Jesus about their plan. That very moment angels appeared in the cavern and took Prophet Jesus with them and no one except Judas saw it happen. Judas was baffled to witness this and came out of cavern in haste but some other disciples who were outside the cavern saw him and called out to him as “O Master’ (because they thought he was Jesus).It is said that as a punishment of betrayal, Judas was transformed into Prophet Jesus’s appearance and when the soldiers heard them addressing the person as ‘Master’ they arrested him and it was actually that person who was crucified. Allah knows the best as Quran gives us no details about who that person was. But there is no harm in accepting this version as this perfectly fits in what Quran tells us.

Quran states,

And they plotted [to kill jesus], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners. And (remember) when Allah said: "O 'Isa ! I will take you and raise you to MYSELF and clear you of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to ME and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute." 3:55

Glorious Quran says;

And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah Jesus, son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah, but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of Jesus was put over another man (and they killed that man) and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no certain knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not: But Allah raised him up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever All Powerful, All Wise.

And there is none of the people of the Scripture, but must believe in him (Jesus), son of Maryam as only a Messenger of Allah, and a human being.4:157-159

“The disbelievers say; The Lord of Mercy has offspring. How terrible is this thing you assert: it almost causes the heavens to be torn apart, the earth to split asunder, the mountains to crumble to pieces, that they attribute offspring to the Lord of Mercy. It does not befit the Lord of Mercy (to have offspring):there is no one in the heavens or earth who will not come to the Lord of Mercy as a servant. 19:88-94

Source: Ibn-Kathir, Ahmad Jibril

4. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Prophet Muhammad was predicted by Prophet Jesus :

Noble Quran says:

“And remember Jesus, the son of Maryam, said: O children of Israel! I am the Apostle of God sent to you confirming the Torah, which came before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said: this is evident sorcery.” (61:6)

The name Ahmad and Mohammad come from the same Arabic root and in essence are the same name. And it is a well-known fact that Prophet Muhammad was known by the names Muhammad and Ahmad both.

On the basis of this particular verse in the Quran, it is obvious that Prophet Jesus(peace be upon Him) did actually foretell the advent of a prophet to come after him and actually even gave his name.

This is confirmed further in one of the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him); when asked about his birth he said, “I am the answer of the supplication of my father, Abraham, and the glad tidings given by Jesus.”

Prophet Jesus will return:

The return of Prophet Isa (peace be upon Him) is a well-anticipated event for Muslims. Prophet Jesus’s return is an actual sign of the advent of the Judgment Day.

Glorious Quran says:

He is a Sign of the Hour. 43:61

Prophet Muhammad’s (peace be upon Him)saying:

By HIM in Whose Hands my soul is, the son of Maryam will shortly descend among you people as a just ruler.
    (Sahih Bukhari)

Prophet Jesus (peace be upon Him) will descend near the eastern part of Damascus. Later on, He (peace be upon Him) will go in pursuit of Dajjal—the antichrist and will overtake him at the gate of Ludd (Jerusalem),and will kill him.

Prophet Jesus and the Ya'juj Ma'juj (Gog Magog) :

Allah will reveal to Prophet Jesus : 'I have brought forth from among My servants such people against whom none will be able to fight; you take these people safely to Tur (mountain).' Then, Allah will send Gog and Magog and they will swarm down from every slope. The first of them (Gog and Magog) will pass the lake of Tiberias (Sea of Galilee) and drink out of it. And when the last of them passes, he will say: 'There was once water there.' {Sahih Muslim}

Noble Quran Says:

For God, the likeness of Jesus is as that of Adam,
    whom HE created out of dust, then said to him, “Be,” and he was. (3:59)

Miraculously, Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Glorious Quran and Adam is also mentioned 25 times.

{Mere co-incidence?}

Glorious Quran declares:

The Messiah, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; other Messengers had come and gone before him; his mother was a virtuous woman; both ate food (like other mortals).See how clear WE make these signs for them; see how deluded they are.5:75

Quran recalls the words of Prophet Jesus:

Peace was on me the day I was born, and will be on me the day I die and the day I am raised to life again.

Such was Jesus, son of Mary. 19:33-34

{Source: Qur’an, Ahmad Jibril, Dr.Jamal Badawi, Abduldaem Al-Kaheel,discoveringislam}

By the will of Almighty God, I am very glad to announce that we have completed the series of the prophets mentioned in the Quran and In-sha-Allah (God Willing),I will be starting the biography of the last prophet that is Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon Him).

All good comes from the God, while evil comes from our own hands.

In-Sha-Allah,To Be Continued.

PEACE!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020