1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Disneyland Orlando trip - Suggestions Needed

Discussion in 'Indians in Orlando' started by Swatneha, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Swatneha

Swatneha New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are planning for trip to Orlando. 3 days for disneyword. I want know to know whether we should stay in Disneyland or outside. Is it cheap to stay outside. What all food options are available. Is it cheap to book flight and hotels ticket separate or combined. Any pointers pls. How would be the weather in November in Orlando.

Thanks

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Cheap to stay outside yes. But depends on the time of the year. You can stay as cheap as $70 inside disney. Dont have to drive and take the shuttle which is cool. The park will open early for the people staying in the resorts. The traffic gets bad if you are staying outside and you pay $15 for parking.

I vote staying inside disney and not touching the car for the days you are there.

Tell the mouse, I said Hi!! And the Duck too!!

3. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Most of the hotels have a free shuttle to the themparks. So even if you stay outside, you dont really need a car. And because you are going to be in the themepark the whole time , you wont really need a car for anything else.
    Staying inside disney is extremely costly. Stay outside at a hotel that has a shuttle. The buses are early and on time, so you have to be ready by that time.

4. Swatneha

Swatneha New IL'ite

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you share some budget hotels which are near Disneyland. What food options are available for Indians veg?
    Any website through which I can book cheap hotel plus flight tickets. How would be the weather in nov.
    if I stay outside, I will have to rely on hotel transportation which will be available on specific timings only. Kindly help if there is any hotel within walking distance.
    also I want to know about beaches near Orlando as I have 1 day free.

5. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

We are visiting next week and need some suggestions. we have one day free till 12:30 pm after which we should be in the airport by 3 pm for the flight. Any beaches closer to visit from Kissimee before noon on the day of the flight?
    Also, are lyft and uber safe to take, at midnight with kids?
    Any good Indian restaurants near by?