General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

I got really interested in Nithi, when someone I know - who is a highly accomplished scientist and has travelled the world - got hooked to Nithi. I have followed Nithi and even his followers - because I was just so curious how educated folks can fall into his trap. At that time, I did some layman reading of how cults are formed and the psychological techniques they use to form their "organization". It's a fascinating field. Nithi is definitely very intelligent to be able to read/assimilate these techniques used by many cult-leaders before him and go on successfully for so many years.

A few years ago, when he was based in Bangalore - I recall listening to a video, where he starts with (not his exact words, it was addressing a part of his crowd, to this effect...):

You, young woman or man, I know how hard you work. All through your school years, you were a great student, you always listened to your parents and came out with top ranks. And then you got the best job possible. You now earn maybe 50K per month or even 2 lakhs. You come back home and eat some junk food, you watch TV - everyone thinks your life is perfect. But I know you feel terrible inside. You have no peace, no real happiness, you can't sleep at night. But worry not - you have come to the right place. I can help you find true peace and satisfaction...etc.

He says these things and other similar things to target different groups of people - he is intelligent enough to know what to say to get to their deep vulnerabilities and then goes on from there to fulfill his short-term and long-term agendas.

I got to know a bit about manipulation strategies used by cults via this forum where "Ex-brahma-kumari" folks come to seek help after being in this residential cult for years:
    The Brahma Kumaris in a Nutshell « Brahma Kumaris Info – the Truth about the BKWSU

Nithi has a huge full-time and part-time task force on all social media (many of his followers are quite young, tech-savvy and happy to use their spare time to spread his agenda) and sadly it's going to be very hard for even those trying to get out of his grips to get neutral help.

mangaii, Mistt, Sunshine04 and 2 others like this.
  2. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

smariarod user seems like a spammer spamming all threads

shravs3 likes this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Is he not banned yet??:mad:

shravs3 likes this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Greenbay likes this.
  5. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Majority of Indians (living in India or abroad) do not do enough volunteering if they have time to spare and need some guidance to calm their loneliness. People like @Viswamitra who help in transition of terminally ill are rare.
    Even the visitors from India who come every 6 months to maintain their green card rather spend their time in park benches gossiping about how their net worth has increased back home than serving in soup kitchens or habitats of humanity. I think dignity of labor concept is still not instilled in majority of our mindset. My wife volunteers to help kids to get to good colleges, many Indians have asked why she does it for free. No wonder fraud godmen also have ‘take’ mentality than ‘give’.

6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Devotion ( to Godman, Godwoman, Gender neutral God) is also a form of addiction.

Again, if he sells what they seek, what is there to complain?

Some years back, there's 2 young girls who joined Sadhguru's Isha Yoga. Their parents made a sensational complaint but then on enquiry, it was found that they joined on their own volition. There are some rich folks who out of frustration with their life problems donate all of it and lead a simple life.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Its difficult to search within.
    Its easy to search outside...and there are always people who claim to sell a panacea...perfect match.

I have seen people getting happier and lively once they start to give care about random living things around them. Looks like, thats how we are built.
    I have also seen one claiming to be a very compassionate and above average human being because he/ she cares about his/ her immediate/preferred family members and would not give a damn about anyone else.

Ergo, we don't work towards peace/happiness yet want it badly.
    Tell me a quick fix! I want happiness without giving...NOW.

Anyway... just imo-ing...Ones own life... everyone to their own hey.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

THIS.
    I believe this is it.
    Thank you :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Again :worship2:.

and you see the original gurus who did it could not care less about if their 'follower-count' is going up or not.

With nothing but minimal clothes on them, yet eternally rich.

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Mistt, Roar and Greenbay like this.