1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal When Parents Interfere In Your Married Life..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Twinkel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

@iamsrihere , @Topaz49
    I agree with both of your suggestions, I agree that my mom shouldn't be interfering in my in-law's property matters. I would have slammed her down right away if I felt she was being cunning. I knew she wasn't being mean, she was just being protective because she has her own version playing in her mind that we may end up loosing property.
    If it was that simple to ask her to shut up and not to cross the line, that okay to hurt her and as simple to ignore her or lie to her, I wouldn't have been this stressed. She's a great woman, caring mom and I love her. Relationships are never black and white, they are grey. It's easy to have dealt the situation by slamming down mom or being rude, but as I posted in my original post, I didn't want to hurt her. Nobody and anybody has no rights and they don't dare to interfere in my life and create havoc, but this is my mom, not anybody :)
    As I mentioned the details in reply to @yellowmango 's post, I've talked it out with mom and she seems to understand for now.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    SGBV and KashmirFlower like this.
  2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

I love IL for this reason :) ladies are wonderful and wiser here. At times of distress, we get different viewpoints on what the person on other end might be thinking, how to deal the issue in n number of ways and sometimes, how a "white lie" can save you or ditch you. Everybody's reply and solution is right in a way. I've taken and applied what suits best for my situations in life :) Thank you ladies!

yellowmango, SGBV and joylokhi like this.
  3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

So glad to hear and now that you are going to be a mom, you may have a lot to chit chat with her. There is one thing that brings happiness is to love and be loved.

Twinkel likes this.