General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I am not a known people!! Never try anything even from known people on your beautiful face at first. (more on this later )
    And besides, this is not a new and novel thing. Been a commercial facial product for several decades and used in spa's in many asian countries.

If googling try "sake kasu", because the oriental letter "tsu" seems to corrupt down to "su".
    https://www.hakkaisan.com/about-sake/recipes/recipe-sake-kasu-facial-mask/
    [​IMG]

Komeya No Mayuchan fresh clay mask with rice yeast and sake kasu
    $24.76$24.76 ($0.15/Gram)
    More Buying Choices
    $14.90
    That picture is a pack of facial-mask with sake-kasu sold via amazon.com. From grocery store to Cosmetic packaging, the price increases 10 fold or more. You can usually get a pound of sake-kasu for less than $3.

At home, we both like my brown skin. I haven't tried it (grocery store grade) on my face; however, I have had a bunch of sake-katsu mixed with besan to rub on exposed arms when taking showers. I am not sure what good it does, but gives one a feeling that I am doing something good. As any skin product, you would try it first in some hidden part of skin and see how it goes. It might even seem funny - like putting a small idly into a nylon-stocking and tying it to your inner thigh for a couple of days. But that is the way to test, no?

I have tried adding sake-katsu to idli batter. As we are all engineers, I did control experiments: two idlies, one with 10% SK, one with 5%, one without, on side by side dimples in the idli steamer. The sake katsu idlies are somewhat softer, albeit containing lower levels of urad, but not to the extent one would take extra effort to hunt for it in grocery stores. It certainly makes dosas crispier (more rice in the mix!, not rocket science, as they say).

shravs3 likes this.
  2. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

India - fair skin
    Korea - double eyelid
    Turkey- Rhinoplastry
    US- U know what
    Europe- you know that
    China- don't even start

A country without an obsession is yet to be discovered.

3. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

After all kinds of things...

Eventually they have kids who look the same way they looked before surgeries...mum nature is honest and straight... genes pass right thru.

Well, will the history repeat itself?.. depends on what the child wants when she/he grows ip; her /his own choice.

Greenbay, Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

hypocrisy

Aditya Varma is releasing today. Which is the 3rd version of Arjun Reddy ('na pilla ra!' Remember?) which featured a fair-skinned North Indian girl.

Himalayas being the physical barrier, TN movie makers couldn't cross it to import a more fair (chinese?) heroine from North. But then dravidians are sea-farers (kadaram kondan!)- so they broke past such geography limits to import a UK born fair skin for this movie.

Let's see if the Kannada remake (if at all they make one) surpasses kollywood and imports a Nordic/Chukchi heroine.

Vaikuntha, Roar, anika987 and 3 others like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I was about to write that!

Roar, anika987 and Greenbay like this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

7. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Are North Indians more obsessed with fair color than South Indians? I have seen some southern heroines with not much makeup and in their natural color but still accepted by filmmakers and fans for their acting capabilities. But have not seen that in Bollywood.

anika987 likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The worst thing is my relative had commented long time back on Vidya balan VS silk smitha( the dirty picture).

He had said that silk smitha is ugly and dark and vidya is fair skinned.

I was stunned.

Not just coz of his comments but he is an educated, holding a very good position in a company,a father to two kids..

Moral :

Education has nothing to do with class and broad minded views

What will a man with that mentality teach his son and daughter?

If you guys notice...there will be some
    Nonsense relative who will always comment on some other person that way and even if it is for a joke..The “thought process” is appalling

Sunshine04 likes this.
  9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Oh yeah. this common sentence is very much in vocabulary of indians "karuppa irunthalum kalaya irruka.'
    :rage:
    Means, Even though she is black, she is beautiful

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah people Should just say “ you look beautiful /handsome”..

Why bring color into the picture?

interesting things are all those people who talk bad about dark color,many use to love “Halle berry”,”Naomi Campbell” (an example)..

So it’s not alone color but the idea that western is superior