1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This Happens Better At The In-laws'

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

With in laws presence around , there seems to be a lot more structure around the day to day routine stuff. i feel like things are getting done on time and i have spare time in my hands . MIL definitely prepares fresh food everyday . I find these better because at my place since my mother was sick for close to 17 years , it adversely affected everything at home and i didnt see any better . And both ILs are persistent and follow something they want to do to the T and dont give up. they have a consistent routine in terms of diet and exercise and general well being of themselves.

Rihana, startinganew and Twinkel like this.
  2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Tulipzz, is that really you? :hello:

3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Hey hii :)
    Yep, logged in after a long time!

MalStrom likes this.
  4. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Felt so good reading such nice things about your inlaws place.:)

Twinkel likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This one of my in-law house experience could be familiar to those married into a different cultures also.

At in-laws, I get a local guide, a niece or nephew sort of young relative, who speaks the local language, and quite street-savvy, to spend the day with me, to take me around the city, haggle with whomever I couldn't (or wouldn't want to), and go to non-touristy special places that only the locals would know.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    yellowmango and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So many lovely responses to read! Looks like fresher food or more variety is the most common 'better at in-laws' thing.

shravs3 likes this.
  7. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

At my in-laws. family eats together every meal time and two tea/coffee times in a day. Everyone will wait - hungry or not - till the last person arrives from their outside-the-home commitment. And the best part about the meal is that the family converses like they haven’t seen each other for two weeks at every one of these! I just couldn't believe it and it happens consistently. And what are the discussions about ? Usually national/international news or life and the human condition or a book someone is reading or updates about a family member (never derogatory or gossip-like). I am thoroughly in awe of this. (And I am telling myself - since the three hours before the last meal, how did they manage to read all this news? :worship2:)

We do really need the positivity you've initiated. Thank you for this thread - you were missing for just a short while and it made me so happy to see you come back with this.

@Twinkel Lots of respect and love to your MIL.
    Being supportive of child-free choice is truly way ahead of our parent's generation. And letting you both be queens of "your will and mood" - couldn't have been expressed more beautifully. Just to make you feel like this - she is a star! <3

8. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Rajshri productions will be happy to visit my inlaws because they can plan sequels to movies like "hum saath saath hai" or "hum aapke hai koun". Too much love between the siblings and even cousins even if they meet after ages. They will refer to each other as 'my brother xxx' or 'my sister xxx' in conversations.

Rihana, SinghManisha and shravs3 like this.
  9. Rainbow147

Rainbow147 New IL'ite

At my inlaws we go to sleep early and raise early whereas at parents tend to get lazy and wake up late and sleep late .

Rihana likes this.
  10. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

In the world of my in-laws, the mantra for life is: " Get through the chores quickly and get ready to paartaay !!" Seriously, man do they know how to have fun or what ? The pursuit of gluttonous pleasures is the only pursuit in life worth it. Compared to them, my family and folks seem to be funeral directors. We seem to have led such a serious and boring (disciplined) life. My in-laws are either always giving a treat or receiving a treat, celebrating somebody's birthday party, wedding anniversary and wait for this, engagement anniversary. In our side, my parents or me and my sister don't even remember these things or their dates. They are just incidents, stuff that happens to you so that you might move on to the next day in life.

My in-laws are also extremely grateful that we have been born in the Indian/Hindu culture. Every festival is celebrated with a grand feast, traditional decorations, new clothes, gifts, special sweets, visitors and what not.

I have learnt from them how to have fun in life.