General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Ouch!!! That hurts!!

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly,I have seen some Indians even here in America who talk about fair complexion..It is crazy.

I also have to admit I used to be one of those girls who used to apply fairness creams and think fair = beautiful lol

Now I don’t care and am not just saying for the heck of it.I mean it.I think change should come from within.

I like to maintain a clean and fresh complexion and skin color means nothing!!!

However..I still feel I see this fair skin rage in India and truly find it funny:)

It feels ridiculous when someone told my cousin “ You are pretty even though you are dark”...

I jokingly said to her “you are pretty even though you are fair”..

Trust me they were enraged and then the arguments which pursued will add in another thread hee hee

There is no definition of what is beautiful.Be it height or weight or fair or dark doesn’t matter..

We all Infact do not even give much thought to looks.Generally we look at someone who looks good overall and well dressed.Isnt that the truth?

Be yourself and be powerful.Smile at ignorant people.

We are all beautiful in our unique way and that’s the honest fact.

Greenbay, BhumiBabe and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

thread closure :cheer:

Sunshine04 likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:laughing:

Sunshine04 likes this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

The Dentist, season2

Sunshine04 likes this.
  7. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

General population here is just casual on ones shade . I feel people have come a looong way from slavery to acceptance on the skin colour arena ( there are always exceptions).

Yet, even now in India you are made to wonder if there is something lacking in a person with a darker shade.

And we did not even have that range of skin colours to start with!.. we are all bascially brown...all this madness over those slightly varying shades of brown...:worship2:

Greenbay, Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  8. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

I just saw it. What? Whatttt?

9. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

Unfortunately JNU has been pushed into the political ring but non-avoidable due to ABVP presence in current climate. At a point when we have collapsing economy, crumbling banks, loan-evading millionaires, multi-crores statues etc, trying to reduce the subsidies in JNU does seem like a political move.

As a developing country, we should be trying to emulate the model across all govt institutions and encourage education instead of ‘privatizing the model’. And all this banter about 40 yr old students are just irrelevant arguments to trivialize the issue. A lot of us sitting in US and sending kids to public schools or universities with in-state residence fees should be more open and understanding to what the JNU students are demanding.

Coming to the violence, it’s disgusting. Same Delhi police ran away and hid when faced by lawyers but can show their bravery to students. ‍♀️

Greenbay likes this.
  10. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

@KayKuyil , read this opinion piece. Cost of living has gone up. Protesting students spend thousands on their mobile but a nominal hike in room rent is not acceptable?
    Opinion: Student Activism Is Healthy, What Is Happening At JNU Is Not

Also in-state tuition in US university is lower than out-of-State, but dorm/food cost increases every year. A person making $100K in US after all taxes gets $70K take home salary and if his kid goes to any state university he has to shell out on an average $30K per year. You are not comparing apples to apples here.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Sunshine04 likes this.