General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Try to edit your few days old post and see if you still see 3 lines. I don't. For posts, I made in last few hrs, I see 'edit' option.

2. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Oh I thought you meant the recent ones.

3. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

It just occurred to me that while we are making serious posts here..there are lots of people secretly
    66530C1B-8154-4F2C-B949-E0CE5CE8977E.gif
    Aye!.. I can sense you allo_O

Will be back later :hello:

shravs3 and Sunshine04 like this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

On "creepiness", some food for thought - a quote from a recent article in Aeon:

"In a 2016 study, the psychologists Francis McAndrew and Sara Koehnke at Knox College in Illinois concluded that ‘creepiness is anxiety aroused by the ambiguity of whether there is something to fear or not and/or by the ambiguity of the precise nature of the threat’. Emotionally, creepiness helps us externalise our internal sense of confusion and uncertainty when presented with situations that are not easily categorised. Feeling ‘creeped out’ justifies our decision to shut down, rather than undertake the task of analysing ambiguously threatening situations. It is a form of cognitive paralysis indicating that we are unsure how to proceed.

Because women are more likely than men to experience physical and sexual threat in their daily lives, they are also more likely to judge others (usually men) to be creepy. Judgments of creepiness, however, are not necessarily reliable."

Sunshine04 likes this.
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

The data for this analysis is real life interaction not online interaction. So it is two different use case. This is not applicable to the case we are discussing. If data sets are matching then it is different case.

@Greenbay Nobody is asking you to leave. What was stated was what I felt. You can positively contribute to this forum . Many male members bring a total different perspective to this forum. This is community which will help you tremendously when your twins start growing. You can find answers for all your parenting questions. Enjoy your stay here .

6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Everyone's history is in the posts they make. We can't fake it.
    So woman member can judge other male member as creepy by holding 'other creepy men lurking around' as gold standard just because this is women's forum? Then admin should not allow members who openly display 'male' in gender details and continue to welcome creepy male members who display themselves as 'female'.

Right judgment would be to throw out members who really are 'creepy' but don't categorize based on someone's perception of a misconstrued post.

In my defense, I have conducted myself responsibly too. I don't send PMs, I openly have asked people to not send me PMs. I don't follow any one, I don't watch threads.

I will call out when woman member talks about another woman member in a derogatory manner in a PM or in a post. When I see woman member seeking alliances for her kids talks about young unmarried women in a derogatory manner, I will call out. Society's ills don't change only when women call out; men too need to take active role in changing perceptions is my belief.

My ID says I am Greenbay and am a member with my own distinct style.You are asking me to be like members who are wiser than me in age and experience. Fair. I can try to emulate them but I cannot be like them overnight in my 30s. Can you or anyone be like @jayasala42 or @iyerviji in a snap? That is a fair ask.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    jillcastle, iyerviji and yellowmango like this.
  7. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

The word eggs used within quotes also confused me - it caused me to take a few extra seconds to gulp down what I felt. I opened post in a new tab, scanned post to find that it was about and then closed it promptly. As a female who has has extensively researched egg-freezing under many circumstances (education, career, marriage, ttc choices) in the last few years - even these few seconds got some visceral feelings out of me. (no one else is responsible for this of course - just a reminder of the complicated paths our lives take us)

8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

+1

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

+1. I thought the post was about cryo frozen oocytes since eggs were in quotes.

jillcastle, pinkRoseBud, SGBV and 7 others like this.
  10. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

:BangHead::BangHead:
    And the video .....
    And these posts are acceptable????

Sigh :BangHead::BangHead:
    Same here.

Sunshine04 likes this.