General Chat And Banter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

In-laws who had caused the OP nightmares in the past cannot be labelled "small issues".

Sama, dana, behda, danda are the four upayas. Pancha tantra includes all these and adds another to make it five.
    The four upayas or approaches, i.e., ways of realising aim or object have existed since the period of the epics and the Dharmasastra. The upayas are sama- dana- behda- danda: conciliation, gifts, rupture and force. <source>​

When girls write long essays to anonymous readers, and ask for their suggestions, and lebel their own life "****", we may either assume that they lack the art of diplomacy, or they had tried what they could have, and see that they have reached the end of their art. Escape, and regroup is a good strategy at that point.

"Sleeping with the Enemy" is a hollywood movie that is barely nice enough to watch on screen, but having to live it, is not necessarily something one could recommend. Not even to some poor anonymous nobody on the internet.

Anusha2917 and Vaikuntha like this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Recently I read Shakespeare (from Romeo & Juliet) quoted in another thread. Before Juliet gets to mention the rose, she also says stuff that are oh.. so... well... ahem.. kinky. Similar arguments had been put forth to girls in the past generations, when post-ladki dekho negotiations had failed, and a new boy has to be arranged. Parents of the girl would convince her to just accept the boy the parents could negotiate within their budget..... after all, it is just a boy a girl would need to marry, whatever be his name, so long as he comes under budget.
    Juliet helping out in arranged marriages of India is something quite unexpected.
    Juliet:
    'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
    Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
    What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet
    ;
    So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
    And for that name which is no part of thee
    Take all myself.

Romeo:
    I take thee at thy word:
    Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;
    Henceforth I never will be Romeo.​

3. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Our indian men are capable of counselling back the counsellors into obedient sons and thus breaking the marriage of the marriage counsellor.

Those minds are great walls of India... impenetrable :BangHead:

4. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

Men are mostly in listening mode because if they suggest something; solution, calming down, alternatives etc, it is usually not taken well :tongueout:. Same coming from women is received well. I have seen that among my sisters. Same suggestion from sister is atleast considered but from brother, it is usually Pooh poohed.

May be due to BTDT or birds of same feather syndrome.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Overheard from the cricket watchers in front of our TV (India playing Bangladesh): "get it low"
    A dyslexic in the ear might hear that one as "get it low". And follow through. Follow through seems to be another frequent phrase in cricket/sports.

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

That explains it why some arguments are dragged to death until there is no one else except the dragger, interested in it :yawn:.. and then its dragged more

sbonigala and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Enjoy the discussions as/when they happen. See the diverse points of view. Drag some, if you must, and then let go. And see how that moves on its own. If there is to be a desiderata for an internet forum, the concluding bit of pablum would be:
    "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams on the posts of any internet forum, it may all be mere fiction. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy in your own real life"​

Vaikuntha and heron like this.
  8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Exactly.. carpe diem whilst caveat emptor

sbonigala likes this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Qué ? Carp everyday? And cave at the empty one?

You cannot carp about anything on a forum where you have no ownership over what you put out, after the edit window is gone. And someone else can carp ... I mean crap... on your thread, and get it closed for good. The best that a participant can, as well as must do, is to read, post some responses, and remember that it is all done with no skins off anyone's nose.

sbonigala and heron like this.
  10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Expect one more thread to be closed!!
    Today or at the max tomorrow.

We are on the thread closing spree. :neutral::neutral: