1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

ofcourse banter vonly :thumbsup:

but old threads mean we are old :buenrollo:

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Who ??your fil ?

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Yes, thank god for these stalker apps, i mean, tracker apps ;-)

Rihana likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Neurodiverse is the word in psychology journals. This is contrasted to neurotypical, for people who make decisions in social interactions depending on a quick mental calculus on pros-cons, profit-loss, tactical-strategic, etc. dimensions and deal with the situation(s) so as to achieve whatever is gainful to themselves.

When we read a goodly amount of abusive behaviors from spouses (I bet there'd be posts with such lament in an IndusGentry forum if there is one ;) on the internet), we must surely wonder if the cases belonged to those millions of mild, undiagnosed ASD. Boys are four times as likely to suffer from this than girls are.

When the neurotypical wife is not aware of what is going on, and take appropriate measures, she suffers the consequences in many dimensions of her life.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
  5. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

And this is only for some sects in the christian community. I am a not a christian, but I am a keralite - so I can confirm no other communities have this arrangement.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In a love marriage, the guy would have fallen for the girl as he saw her without 'ladki dekho' in mind. Often, in a college or workplace setting. So, one can say the girl starts out as she means to go on.

In an arranged marriage, during the ladki dekho, the negotiations and the wedding, the lady can start out with shorts etc, if the in-laws also start out being candid about "she will be our daughter. we will treat her like a daughter.' If they say she will be a DIL not daughter, different rules apply to her than to our daughter, then, the lady can also start out being equally candid in her apparel. : )

Amica and Laks09 like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"I would have missed out on a lovely husband and my husband would have missed out on a lovely me. "
    And a ghor anyay (abject injustice, terrible loss) that would have been. At the minimal, I would not have gotten to write this. :kissingheart:

yellowmango and Laks09 like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

My friend is a Hindu, her cousin had to undergo this few years back

9. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

Well, must be a new process then. Hope it spreads to the other communities too. Its a good change.

shravs3 likes this.
  10. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

@Cheeniya Ji, I am disappointed that the thread “pathetic wedding” was closed. Is this how we are going to operate? Make a post that offends people’s sensibilities and then close the thread when OP cannot take the heat.

@SGBV If multiple members are offended by the use of the word “pathetic”, it is time to stop using it in subsequent responses.

Sunshine04 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.