1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Water Softner

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Soch, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am in a rented house, I am looking for hardwater softner at low cost. Please let me know if any one is using any good products.

Thanks,

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

• Which country-province is that house in ?
    • Do you have a water analysis for why the water is hard? This information, the amount of Mg or Ca salts in a given amount of water, could be critical in the choice of water softener.
    • you need to know the scale of water sofening you want -- soft water in a cup to make tea, do the daily cooking, take a shower, do laundry, or the whole household water delivery ? How much softening you need to do ?
    read this link: How to Soften Hard Water

3. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

I am in Chennai - India. Other details have to find. All my vessels are getting spolied. All our skin is damaged. Hair fall is too much, my dress getting spolied very quickly.

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Isn't Chennai the city with water supply problems ? Having no water is a cruel way to deal with hard water issues, but ... well... that is a different issue.

From your description Vessels, Skin, Hair, Dress -- it looks like you need the complete household water to go soft. A water softener attachment at the incoming main pipe would fix the problem for you. You'd need professional help from a water softening company. Look into sulekha business telephone directory for one of those and find out how much it costs. Since you are in rented house, you'll have to check with your landlord to see if they are agreeable to such plumbing changes in their house.