1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This Year Navratri And Diwali

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 29, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

With God's blessings my Navratri went well. Everyday someone or other came and I could give haldi kumkum and thambulam. I started preparations for Navratri in advance only. Had decorated two Devis ,made temple with Ganeshji inside . Marapachis I did not change the dressing as they looked good. Whoever I invited all came. Had two sets of marapachis , one dressed for marriage and other for Reception. Here in Mumbai there is no timing for ladies to come as they come only after 6 pm and till 9 pm. though I am ready by 4 pm with chundal. By God's grace everyday I could do pooja, make neivedyam in the morning and evening chundal. My son bought a different kind of Ganapathy and everyone liked it very much. Earlier we used to keep 5 steps but now since 4 yrs as keep in the middle of the showcase with 3 steps. This year kept one Devi down on a carboard box and down palagai with kolam. I had all colours of sarees to wear each day. Some people give very nice and costly gifts for Navratri but we are not able to give costly gifts but give the gifts with love . Received two sarees during Navratri one from my close friend and one from another friend n whose building we stayed for three years but we are still in touch and meet during festivals.

Diwali was not so grand as Navratri as only we two are there. But my dil invited us on the previous day She had arranged the house with diyas. Gave us sweets and yummy dinner. My son gifted me a mobile Samsung S10 which he bought from Dubai. Now my photos come so bright . On Diwali day took oil bath in the morning at 5 a.m. My cooking was over before 7 a.m. We did not wear the new clothes in the morning. I wore it in the evening. Diwali is enjoyable when children are there . Both my daughters are out of Mumbai. Next day went for Narayaneeyam and enjoyed meeting friends there. Everyone liked my saree and jewellery. 71388007_2583936958311566_4906701785776783360_o.jpg 71665347_2578110595560869_1119640146627526656_o.jpg

sindmani, pumpkin01, Afresh and 3 others like this.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Aaha... I did notice something special in the photos.. And congratulations on your new phone... :blush:
    So nice of you to come up with a write up and share your Navrathri and Deepavali.

iyerviji and Amulet like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Nice to hear of your navarathri and diwali celebrations. Yes, the photo quality is really very good. Congrats on your new phone.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Loved to read up on your navrathri and diwali experience Vijima!
    All PLUS PLUS PLUs and positive :)

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

72730499_2632385933466668_6744107972034560_n.jpg
    Glad you liked the write up.Thanks for your wishes . That photo was not taken from new mobile. This photo wastaken

joylokhi likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear , glad you liked the post

joylokhi likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked the post, thanks dear

Afresh likes this.