1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Buy Furniture Online

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by JGVR, Jul 29, 2016.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I am planning to buy a few furniture for kitchen and living room.Is it a good idea to order from amazon?If so which brands can i purchase for which assembly is either minimal or easy?

Also please suggest any other online furniture store from where i can buy quality stuff

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@JGVR- Yes Amazon is good. So is Wayfair and Rooms to go.

We bought our bed on amazon. What a pain it was to put it together! The process wasn't hard... but it was quite exhausting.
    Just coz my DH has to put it together- we try to buy from craigslist.. it is already assembled. We rent a truck load it and get it.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Assembly is rarely minimal or easy. Beyond bookshelf, any assembly takes lots of time, at least 2 people, and there is the hassle of 1-2 parts missing, or scratch/dents in transit. Better to buy from a local store. Or craigslist. In the past few years, we didn't have the time to go look properly and choose (most stores close by 5 pm in weekend), so we ended up buying used furniture. Very pleasantly surprised at the quality and price. So now, if the furniture does not have fabric, I go for used. Would never have done this many years ago.

Wayfair is a reliable name.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We are total IKEA fans, but I have also seen nice pieces at World Market, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn and West Elm. And Restoration Hardware if it suits your budget. It depends on your style. Amazon can be hit or miss.
    Is there a reason you want to buy online? Furniture is one thing I will only buy in person. Especially when measurements are important. And returns can be a pain if you don't like it or the piece is damaged.
    In case the furniture you buy needs assembly you can hire someone like a Task Rabbit to put it together for you. After assembling a whole houseful of IKEA furniture ourselves during our lean postdoc years I would consider this money well spent.
    Craigslist or even your local thrift stores will often have excellent pieces.

5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We just bought a bed, dresser and nightstand from Birch Lane. We paid $50 for white glove delivery. They called to schedule a time for the delivery, brought the furniture into our room of choice, assembled it and even took all the packaging back with them. They asked me how I wanted the room setup and placed the bed and dresser where I needed them. It was totally painless. Well worth the 50 bucks. Wayfair does it too.

Gracier and blindpup10 like this.
  6. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for your replies.

Yes i opted for amazon because i found matching furniture for my living room and kitchen.

Now that i got some more suggestions from you all,i will try looking at those sites and also try to shop in person.

7. GopiKani

GopiKani Senior IL'ite

If you search on google you will get many options to choose but, according to me Pepperfry and Hometown are offering best deals on furniture shopping via couponsji. Apply coupon codes, and take away your product at the discounted rate.

8. ddwilson7725

ddwilson7725 New IL'ite

Amazon is best for you. See our complete buying guide and reviews to get the best option out there! Our buyer’s Guide, educational blogs and articles, and product articles are solely aimed at aiding the purchasers to buy the perfect furniture and home accessories according to their needs. Our utmost concern lies with the health of the millennials. Most of the professions demand sitting down for long periods. So, we have multiple blogs dedicated to proper posture while sitting, standing and using a computer. Roll Me Home has earned so much of preference and trust from the people because of their unique approach towards providing something innovative and new to their targeted audience.

9. RishabhBansal

RishabhBansal Junior IL'ite

Hey,

Yes, you can order quality and affordable furniture online. There are some apps like Pepperfry, Urban Ladder, Homeboxstores and more. According to me, I trust Pepperfry because I have never ordered from another site :)