1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:

Rihana and SinghManisha like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Quite tricky :thinking:

Amica likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The court-cost reimbursement by the loser is only if she is suing.

Apparently she had complained to the police, and the police are (i.e., the protectors of the public) charging the ex-friends with "food tampering". Public prosecutors do not charge unless they are convinced that there is a good chance to win. If there is a local law against food tampering (seems like a criminal offense over there), the friends are in serious trouble.
    • They posted video of her on Snapchat showing her eating the poultry products after showing the nugget packaging to the camera
    • The victim said she took a screen recording of the video to police and now her former friends are facing charges for food tampering

Amica and Rihana like this.
  4. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

Food tampering is indeed an offense and can be prosecuted.

Amica likes this.
  5. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

She is justified. But she is not suing. She is part of the problem for drinking so much as not to understand what she was eating. That said what the friends did was cruel. Chicken for vegan or vegetarian is not some prank. It's cruel and abusive. It's like giving alcohol or tobacco to someone who doesn't consume after considering all the aspects. It's violation of their rights, beliefs. My son is a vegetarian because he doesn't want to take a life to fill his tummy. Debatable but he feels strongly about it. So if he finds out he has accidentally consumed chicken will haunt him forever. And if someone made a video of the whole thing, it would add humiliation to the trauma.
    I was once pranked like this when in office iftar, someone told me to eat a gravy thanks to my muslim friend who stopped me saying don't eat it's beef and reprimanded the guys. I still shrug at the thought because it's ones beliefs that are at stake not necessarily religious but moral too. People don't decide things like this on a whim. These guys need to be punished no matter how small their punishment is. It is necessary for them to understand how important it is to not violate someone's beliefs and it will serve as a caution for other similar pranksters.
    P. S. I don't like pranks in general because I have seen people getting seriously hurt physically and emotionally due to some heartless pranks. So you could say my opinion has a bias.

Amica, Amulet and shravs3 like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This story of food tampering charge made me look up the case of the Indian curry shop owner who went to jail for 6 years (in the UK) for selling peanuts containing take-away curry to a customer who had specifically mentioned the allergy to peanuts. The charge in that case was "manslaughter". I expect these ex-friends of the vegan would get much much less of a punishment.

Vaikuntha, Amica and SinghManisha like this.
  7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I agree! I also think it’s amazing that we are fluent in many different Indian languages, besides English.

Amica likes this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Yes.... gaining Telugu fluency to proselytize made me wonder if there were that many souls to harvest in the Telugu nation. Mother Teresa lived a much much longer time with the Bengalis, so much so that she was eventually called MT of Kolkatta as well. But, her Bengali was awful to non-existent. Even job related learning of language isn't easy.

SinghManisha likes this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Not all children are blind worshippers of parents.
    They can see the parents fault and its effect on their married life.
    Once they have children, it becomes easier to choose peaceful life for kids instead of a volatile life with parents around.

We as parents should learn to believe that our children will have other relationships in life which are probably more important in their life .

The relationship with their life partner is closer and far more fragile and needs more effort to nurture

If we believe that the child parent relation is very important, then older parents should not do anything to undermine the family that the younger couple has for their children.

If it comes to choosing because of bad relationships...the middle generation should always put their children over their parents.That is how nature meant it to be.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Amica, Mistt, Greenbay and 1 other person like this.
  10. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@yellow mango, I am a follower of almost all of your posts and replies/responses to queries here, and find them very balanced and with proper insights. However, I am surprised you are automatically assuming that the older parents are the ones who are causing the issues in all cases of in-law problems and adjustments. Every parent wants their child to have a happy and stable married life. However, many factors such as their upbringing and expectations due to it, often work at opposite ends when it comes to accepting everything that a young couple does. And, the streak of strong independence and being pampered and made to feel that it is below ones dignity to listen or go by 'elders' wishes etc is the current trend. It is true that the affinity towards spouse and their children are almost always the priority - and has been going on for generations. There would be no problem due to this, and the future of the family unit can be assured. However, from my experience, not only difficulty in adjustment with in-laws, even a proper understanding and give and take within spouses themselves is the issue in such cases in recent times. However, nothing can be generalised and every case or family is different and needs to be dealt with accordingly. I rest my case with this:blush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.