Moving To Bangalore - Need Suggestions On Housing And School

Discussion in 'Housing in Bangalore' started by miyer, Dec 9, 2016.

1. miyer

miyer Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies!!!
    I am moving to Bangalore from Singapore in the next 2 months and looking to rent a 2BHK/3BHK close to ITPL. Also I need your reviews on Greenwood High Intl School and Inventure Academy for my son currently in Grade 1 in an IB school here.

I am open to looking at other schools as long as the reviews are good and not too long a commute for my son.

Please let me know what neighbourhoods I can look at.

Thanks
    Madhu

2. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi Madhu,
    Welcome to Bangalore. Regarding renting a house, there are many options like commonfloor, magicbricks, sulekha etc. But make sure you find one through direct owners. If not you will have to pay one month's rent to the broker as well. You can easily find a good house in an apartment around ITPL.

Regarding schools, I have heard good reviews about Gopalan international school (Gopalan School) and Vydehi school of excellence(Vydehi School - A pre-kindergarten through grade twelve CBSE School in Bangalore). These are few of the famous and good schools as far as i know. But incase if you are looking to move back to singapore after a few years, you will have to look for schools that are equivalent to their syllabus.

My opinion would be, first decide on a school. And then start looking for houses around the school. If not your kid will end up travelling long distance in the heavy traffic.

3. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

I lived in Whitefield, while in Bangalore. My kid studied in 'The foundation School' , she is 5 years old now, i liked the school as well. But first decide on the school, before you decide on the place to Move in.

4. enramya82

enramya82 New IL'ite

Hi ladies, my friend and her family is relocating to Bangalore. The office is in sarajapur road. She is currently confused with schools nearby. Can ppl from Bangalore help in identifying good school and places for stay near that areas. Commute to office can be around 30-40 mins. Only the commute to school should be nearby. Currently looking out for admission for grade 4. Pls help. Little urgent.

5. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

That area has many schools. Many options. But it depends on the affordability and syllabus. There are schools from maybe approximately 1.5 to 8 lakh inr per annum for grade 4. Maybe there are more lesser or higher options.

So first pick which syllabus: IB, IGCSE, CBSE, ICSE, n state board I guess.
    Then the preferred / affordable price range
    Pick schools which has year round admissions, this works well for mid year transferring students.
    Call n visit the schools.
    Once you shortlist the schools, then check online for ‘those’ schools reviews.

6. enramya82

enramya82 New IL'ite

Confused on shortlisting the schools only. Affordability is not an issue but the area selection for stay and school is an issue now. Ppl staying in Bangalore for a long time can help

7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Try oakridge n tisb. They are good.
    N There are seriously numerous options of stay, many big societies are in that area without distance issues from these schools n well connected school bus facility that covers Sarjapur n wider too.

enramya82 likes this.
  8. enramya82

enramya82 New IL'ite

Thanks yaar