100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Someone said Something funny in office today n we were literally laughing for continuous 15 - 20 minutes. My cheeks were literally hurting n even right now with just memory of it is making me smile. So happy today

shravs3, Gauri03 and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday I attended a group meeting in the Hospice which did a book review of Dr. Wayne Dyer's analysis of Tao's teachings. A very interesting session to share some insight into each person's belief system, how they encounter their difficult and pleasant experiences. A topic that was discussed at the end was about how it is easy to be loving to the patients in the Hospice but not so loving and forgiving to the siblings, spouse, parents and children. We finally concluded that it is our expectations that makes the difference. We need to keep on working on our growth and development as a numerator and reduce our expectations of the people around us as a denominator thereby the end result of life is higher and higher.

3. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Yoga in continuation since 3 weeks is a big thing for me. Going to pamper myself with lots of fav food for this one.

Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

As I follow Navrathri festival with color codes - a popular newspaper in my city publishes images of people who follow the color codes. We have to whatsapp them the pic everyday before 3 pm. Next day they will publish previous day's picture. And there will be like 1000s of entries.

Last year my picture along with my mom was published on grey colour day . I was over the moon.

This year it is double the happiness. My pic along with my friends on - green day and pink colour day pic with my cousins was published. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
    So happy and excited.

The efforts I take to follow the colour code each and every day and informing my guests also about the code paid off well . :grin::grin:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Afresh, SpringB, shravs3 and 4 others like this.
  5. Anusha2917

The rose plant at our pot which yields super white roses and in dozens went dry last month.

I watered, I manured - took care in the usual way. Somehow all leaves withered and I was worried very soon I may lose this plant.

But from two days I'm feeling so positive and happy to see that new leaves have started coming and the plant is regaining it's charm.

So happy to see it. Hope she's back to give me those dozens of roses.

One more surprise is tomatoes.
    I didn't plant this . I asked everyone at home. None said they planted. The birds or the wind did the job I guess. In fact the front balcony pots my MIL waters. And I take care of bed room balcony pots. This is a surprise I had when I went to see the front door balcony plants yesterday morning .

When did this plant grow to yield us fruits. Last I saw that pot had tiny some plant. Didn't realise its tomato.

So happy and positive to see all this in our balcony pots. :blush::blush: IMG_20191014_071934.jpg IMG_20191014_072538.jpg

Afresh, rachaputi, Gauri03 and 5 others like this.
  6. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Full rainy season, staying at mothers place, eating mom made fav hot food, reading newspaper without any interruption, listening to fav songs new old hindi with mother, watching fav serial, playing cards i think this is one of d best n memorable day of my life. Doing all silly little things. So contended today that never mind if its my last day.

Afresh, rachaputi, Mistt and 2 others like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Did the grihapravesh of our new home this weekend. Our current home has held us in a warm embrace for many years and will always own a corner of my heart. It's the only home my kids have real memories of. But it is time for new adventures and new memories. I am hoping the new one will soon become synonymous with the feelings of warmth and safety that embody home—before the little birdies start sprouting wings and fly the nest.

Afresh, Kohvachn, Giri12 and 3 others like this.
  8. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Today i made one new type of lentil called black chana dry sabji for tiffin. I made 2 versions of it One without onion garlic n any spice for DH n other spicy one for all of us. While preparing only i realized that its going to be awesome. After many many days got message from DH as he liked it. Felt very happy. If u get such feedback u get positive energy for all other works.

Gauri03, Anusha2917 and rachaputi like this.
  9. Anusha2917

IMG_20191024_193756.jpg
    That time of the year when you should not count calories.
    Under the supervision of two experts(mom and MIL) day 1 of Diwali savories done.
    Reserved sweets for tomorrow.

Today's preps :
    1) Thatthai (nippat)
    2) Murukku (chakli)
    3) Ribbon pakodam.

Tomorrow's target :
    1) Mixture
    2) Manoharam sweet
    3) thengolal
    4) Boondhi laadu
    5) Gulab jamoon

Let's see if we can achieve the target ! :sweatsmile:

Afresh, SpringB, Mistt and 4 others like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:worship2:

Afresh and Anusha2917 like this.