1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Red Light Disrict Amsterdam ???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

I don't understand when people pass judgements with out even confronting with the person concerned.
    What ever might be the issue between the couple, communication is very important.
    If the spouse had to cheat or look for fun outside, I think they would have lot of options in city they live.
    A few of my friends (9 girls, married for more than 10 years with kids), planned an all girls trip to Amsterdam last year. They had an amazing time.
    I think you friend should wait for her husband to come back and than talk to him about her insecurities and than decide.

2. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

@EagerForInfo : Almost everyone who visits amsterdam, visits redlight district, they may or may not take services in red light district but they do visit. It is kind of must do things in amsterdam travel.. I suggest you to read about it and see videos and educate your friend. There are walking trips and guided tours in that area.. You ll see all kind of crowd there.. And yes everyone takes pics there.. Ask your friend to see queen movie :)

IMO she shouldn't react at all if she is not sure if he took service there or no. At the max your friend should ask which all places he saw and check if he hides that he visited red light district.

BhumiBabe, Anusha2917 and Laks09 like this.
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Just because she saw the picture of red light district, nothing can be concluded from that. If she does trust her husband, there is no need to pick a fight just because of the photo. Make sure your friend gets the whole truth before she judges her husband. But if she has other reasons to doubt him, open talk might help, with out breaking into a fight. but if there is no crisis, don't create one.
    I have never been to Amsterdam, but my husband had been there a few times. People deal with s** stuff differently there than our culture. While there, my DH has been to a place where you pay some money to watch a woman undress. He went for that and he said there were men and women lined up to see that. Not sure exactly how the exhibition is set up, but from the description the lady is in a enclosed glass room or something. I was offended that he went to see that, but I would be more offended he went and never told me. Also, it was not anything that would cause an argument in our family. So your friend needs to talk to her husband more openly and find out. It is wrong to suspect of anything from a photo. All men and women are curious about these things, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they would act on it.

Anusha2917 and Laks09 like this.
  4. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

She can probably email his manager and HR and request them to cancel the training for the new job, or maybe have all the other new hire trainees (and the trainers) be re-booked to travel to his workplace for the training.

5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Lol. People will give likes if anyone checks in Amsterdam and posts that on facebook. And the husband won't be ashamed ,rather he will enjoy the likes.

One doesn't have to argue in front of kids and they can sort the issues without bringing that to facebook. :)

I read some good suggestions in the thread already, give them to your friend.

6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

I have a very contrary view . And in no means, i am saying anything to offend you or her.

I feel your thread and later the discussion based on your thread with your friend will raise more issue than help.

Why do i say that, because no matter how many pages , different ILiltes comment and suggest. though i totally agree here lot of people are trying to help.

You will never be able to FEEL what she is feeling. She might be pacified for now based on your support , but will never forget and this will get ugly someday.

because i feel the trust is broken and it is not upto you to make her feel okay. She will have to deal with him .

Sunshine04 likes this.
  7. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Isn't this an overkill? or did you just troll @rgz?

yesican and lavani like this.
  8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

OP should advise her friend not to get too hung up on the husband's visit to the red light area, and the selfie. She cannot unring a bell, and making more noises would be self-harming.

I am sure someone may have already started and developed a thread on traveling with wife and 2 year-old child to various touristy locations in Europe/world. Your friend may benefit from browsing such things. In my experience, going around with a 2 year old or a 65+ year old would require a lot of patience, and su-su relief access every 2 minutes. Sometimes we may come around to being at peace with boys who want to escape home for a week at a time, in business travels to wherever. When we accept cookies, we must also realize that it is the way the cookie crumbles.

Aside from chocolate, visitors usually buy cheese in Holland. The kasscentrum outlets in the city and various other towns (see link for locations), have better selection of cheeses, as well as larger sizes & cheaper prices, than the airport shops. Kasscentrum will vacuum pack the cheese wedges if the shopwallah is told that it is for taking to America. If buying Tulip bulbs for taking home to USA, make sure that it carries the health certificate on the packet seal for US customs.

yesican and beautifullife30 like this.
  9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

lol :) .. overkill is the right word.

how abt cancelling his work visa and reporting to govt.

Sunshine04 and yesican like this.
  10. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

This is the same husband who would never take even an hour off from work since the past 4 years. How did he get so much vacation now ??

yesican likes this.