1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Would Make You Throw In The Towel And End Your Marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Patientone, Jun 29, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

One word...Infedility

lavani likes this.
  2. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

It is true and it’s not society who dig it’s family from both side who decides the mistakes are of woman and the boy is doing all kinds of favor to her. I have been there in the humiliating place where I faced 15 people from both side who told me how I was wrong in each stage in marriage. Change myself as boy’s wish so he will be happy.
    And there was the counselor who told me no he is not going to listen anything you need to sign the papers and then hopefully he will feel bad sometime in future.
    I will say listen to your heart and believe in yourself.

3. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Is your 'quality of life' better in the marriage or outside?
    I apply this to all relationships - are you better off with this person in your life or without. Nothing is black and white - its mostly some shade of grey - but is it more black or more white - that answers the question for me.

Sometimes - when I have decided it's more black than white, I have cut them off. Subset of which decided they want me back , reached out to me and we made amends.

Some dint - that made me think they never cared enough and the time/energy I had spent on them was wasted. At least I cut my losses.

Echoing other posts - If you dont respect and stand up for yourself, no one else will. Even a supportive/loving husband needs to be told something is not acceptable -before he does something about it. Be it his behaviour or his family.

Vaikuntha and BhumiBabe like this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Infidelity
    If my kid is getting emotionally or physically abused.

5. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

What do you consider emotional abuse of a child? In some places, abuse between parents witnessed by children is consider child abuse.