Finest Posts - Nominations For September 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Sep 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Honestly.. I was going to nominate this too!
    Plus 1 now :)

2. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

@iyerviji Vijima's post Faith In God
    deserves a nomination and a wide-widest readership!
    Now this also is plus 1 ;)

Thyagarajan, Anusha2917 and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks dear. You made my day. Never expected my post will be nominated by two dearies

Thyagarajan, Afresh and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

My second nomination for September.
    +1 for this.

5. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Thank you @jskls , @Anusha2917 and @Afresh for your nomination of the post. I am surprised to see this . Honestly there are other posts and responses which are which are way more helpful and coherent. I have got nothing but unconditional support from this place for which i am always indebted and wish nothing more. Thank you very much.

Thyagarajan, jskls and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa thanks a lot. While we need scientific temper, science and bad temper can be a deadly combination. Together, they won't just result in some missteps but a massive downhill slide.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Me too ! @Caughtinbetween inspires a lot of women like me who have had their moments of self doubt and struggles.
    I have read her posts as a silent member of IL and continue to look forward to her responses. CIB, I am in awe of the strength and resilience that you have displayed so far. Your response has been the finest post on IL that I have read so far, ever.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    You have indeed risen to the occasion and I feel extremely gratified for your four nominations.
    Let me take up your first nomination of @Thyagarajan 's Teachers, Ladder & The Kicks It made me highly nostalgic and I drifted back by several decades to reminisce my own school-days. The salary of teachers would hardly be enough to make both ends meet and yet, their dedication to the profession was supreme. They were really 'karma yogis'. I do not want to compare the modern teachers with the teachers of yore. There is huge dilution in their dedication and commitment now just as in any other profession. There are exceptions, of course, but they are very few. Rt.Hon.V.S.Srinivasa Sastri was a Head Master of my school in Chennai. A timely and a great post.

Your second nomination of @HariLakhera 's Rekindling Fire.... certainly made me go in search of my own fire! Hari's six commandments for a joyful and vibrant married life are worthy of being framed and displayed prominently. When I read his sixth commandment
    I remembered a club-mate of mine ballooned his cheeks to do this and got a mouthful from his wife. If he had read this tip from Hari, he would have avoided a crisis at home!

The third nomination of @jayasala42 's Does Experience Teach Us? is good as usual evidencing her vast experience.

Your fourth nomination of @Balajee 's Scientific Temper? is a very interesting one. His typical tongue-in-cheek humour comes through every sentence. Take this for instance:
    Thank you, Viswa.
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Amulet
    Dear Amulet
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of @iyerviji 's nine line beauty Blessings
    Life is interesting because there is mostly a mismatch between what we want and what we get. That makes us more and more aggressive in the process of bridging this gap. Viji has brought it out in her own simple way.
    I loved your quotes from Fiddler on the Roof. It's a movie that I saw multiple times in the beautiful Safire Theatre in Chennai. Topol fascinates me!
    Sri

Amulet, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is very hard to stay positive in difficult circumstances. @Caughtinbetween is truly inspirational. She always talks about her glass as half full. I’m in awe of her strength. I’d like to nominate the post too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.