1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 27, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Abhi to main jawan hoo (I am still young)

We do not remember days we remember moments. I remember some moments which are to be treasured. The moments which I spent with my friends in my childhood days. The moments I spent with my family, eating together, enjoying together, outing together.

In those old memories one was listening to Radio. Listening to songs in the Radio. I used to do my homework listening to Radio. One of my cousin used to say ask her she will tell which song is from which movie. Those days we used to wait to hear Binaca Geet Mala which used to come on Wednesdays from I think 8 pm. to 9 pm. The songs used to be the top songs and also to hear Amin Sayani's voice. He was the hero of that programme. When we were chatting today was just recollecting the old songs. I was telling that my dh thinks I am still a young lady. For whcih they were remembering the song Ye meri Shohra jabeen thuje maloom nahi and I was also remembering Jalte Hai jiske liye from Sujata Film. Oh those days the songs were so meladious . Now I cant remember the wordings.

Hope I can go back to those old times and enjoy life

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

You are still young at heart. Biggest achievement that anyone would want to but not easy to get. You still are able to give smile on many faces. :thumbup::worship2:

iyerviji likes this.
  3. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Wish we could turn back time :) would have loved to rectify some major mistakes in life.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Thanks dear for always complimenting me with your sweet message which gives me inspiration to live.God bless u

messedup likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Very true. Due to age I feel tired fast and wonder how I managed working and home with 3 children .first at the age of 33 yrs and within 3 and a half yrs 3 children.

Sandyr46 likes this.
  6. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

I believe as women and mothers we are naturally gifted that strength to push beyond limits or rather we dont feel the pain as we multi-task. Its only when there is nutin much to do when oir kids r all grown up n no responsibilities left the tiredness sets in.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Like you I too many times feel like saying my heart out but not able to open up many times. Today feeling like to give a break and to live. I just ate like a dragon and danced like a mad. Did little work and lots of masti. Preparing myself for long struggle of life. Just on break living some me time. Don't tell anyone just sharing with my sweetest aunty who is younger than me. :):banana:

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    Everyone wants to remain young as long as possible. You may have heard of the story of Yayati When he was getting old, he swapped his old age with the youth of his son Pura.
    "Yayāti enjoys all the pleasures of the senses 'for a thousand years' and, by experiencing passion to the full, comes to realise its utter futility, saying: "Know this for certain... not all the food, wealth and women of the world can appease the lust of a single man of uncontrolled senses. Craving for sense-pleasures is not removed but aggravated by indulgence even as ghee poured into fire increases it....One who aspires to peace and happiness should instantly renounce craving and seek instead that which neither grows old, nor ceases - no matter how old the body may become." Having found wisdom by following the road of excess, Yayāti gratefully returns the youth of his son Puru and takes back his old age in return, renouncing the world to spend his remaining days as a forest ascetic. His spiritual practices are, at long last, blessed with success and, alone in the deep woods, he is rewarded with ascension to svarga - the heavenly realm of the righteous, ruled by Indra, that is but one step below the ultimate liberation of moksha." - Wikipedia

As against this, the famous Tamil poet Avvaiyar was never interested in youth and its manifestations. According to legend, Vinayaka bestowed young Avvai with the looks of an old woman, as she did not want to be entangled in marriage.
    Sri

iyerviji, Amulet and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Very true. BINACA GEETH so good to recall .
    Thanks and Regards.

iyerviji likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I often feel that a few ancient stories, personal histories, and parables lend themselves to an alternate, unintended, lesson. Yayathi's story goes to show that it is good to have the option "to become young again" so that what one had missed out on because of the callowness of the youth, can be appropriately experienced. Unfortunately such an option is only in the myths, and not in reality. The combination of mush-for-brains, and a youthful body is probably a cruel joke that is played upon all creation.

My cousin had once declared that she is planning to have the first one who'd have her..... because she was getting tired of girl-dekko's, where the traditional meeting would take place, much tiffin-coffee consumed, and she'd be humiliated once again; the party of the 2nd part would "send word" that their purohit had found some impediment in the stars&planets. She wished for some magic accelerated aging scheme to avoid the rigamarole. But unlike Avvaiyar, there was no magic for her; she had to endure the slow passage of time until everyone else got tired and gave up on the project.

She held a job, took care of her parents in old age, while her siblings all emigrated and pretty much disappeared from her life... but for occasional foreign-born children with alien accents coming to stay with Aunty for a summer holiday break in the ancestral land.

It is good that our OP has good recall of all her moments of life. One of the challenges of modern life is to remember such a lot of codes, and passwords. I have occasional troubles, and would be asked to reset after going through another identity check with SMS-codes and so forth. Keeping a mind engaged in something everyday, like crossword puzzles, or some other brain teasers is supposed to be a good exercise for the brain -- creating new synaptic connects, and repairing old ones. Perhaps engaging in IL forum does that too.

confused4sure, iyerviji and Cheeniya like this.