1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No Parents Should Hear Such A Tragic News Ever In Life

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by SGBV, Aug 15, 2019.

1. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Stay Strong @SGBV
    Praying for a speedy recovery to your niece.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Prayers for her and the family. Please see hospitals outside your country too.
    wish you peace and strength..

3. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Sgbv,

They are not siblings, but kids of siblings( my aunt and uncle are siblings).
    It may be genetics and as my uncle(mentioned here) and grandma went through other forms of cancer.

4. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

I second checking at St Jude's Children's Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA they are the world best in curing Cancer for Kids at free of cost!! I closely saw them, as I once worked in their IT.

Keeping the kid and all the family members in my Prayers, Hope the kid gets the best treatment and recovers soon..

nuss and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. shinycalif

shinycalif Silver IL'ite

@SGBV

I am really sorry about your niece and its going to be a rough and painful journey to go through as a family and you being so close to your brother's family as well. I know Seattle's Children Hospital has one of the best cancer child care hospital in this country and I personally met a family member who moved here from LA to get treatment for their 4 year old grandson. I applaud them for their dedication on making their jobs work along with the treatment and how much they are going through as a family. I couldn't stop my tears from hearing about how much pain they were in but still smiling throughout and keeping their faith in Almighty and their own strong will. I can only hope everything will be alright for every child that's suffering and I pray everyday to keep everyone healthy and safe. But please check out the hospital I know there has been a lot of advance treatments that's happening in there and will pray that your niece gets better.

Lots of prayers and hugs

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

A small update from our side.

The girl's induction was planned from yesterday (that's where they administrate chemotherapy). Before that, she was put of steroids and some antibiotics.
    Just a day before her chemo, they did a blood work, and miraculously her blast cells (cancer cells) were 0%.
    In fact, they were 30% on admission a week back.
    We know steroids could significantly kill cancer cells when given with chemo. Even they can bring changes in the reading if given alone too.
    But for everyone's surprise the cancer cells were 0% consecutively on the second day too, and that too before chemo.

Even the Dr are in doubt and they decided to go for a bone marrow test immediately (which was scheduled next week after 1 week of chemo).

Nevertheless, Drs won't depend on miracles nah. So, they wanted to start chemo as planned. They said we can't say anything before reading the bone marrow samples.
    But for us, the blood work itself a proof of a miracle, hence we are staying very hopeful.

However, we have no choice; yet allowed the kid to undergo chemo as planned. Awaiting the bone marrow report in a couple of days.
    If the blast cells (cancer cells) are 0% in that (that means before chemo), obviously the kid will be announced cancer free.

Please pray for her

7. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

Sincere prayers for the little one.. Hoping for the best.

8. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@SGBV so glad to hear that!

Praying that your niece is declared cancer free .

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

God is great.My prayers for speedy recovery.

10. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Lots of love and prayers for your niece.