1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional Love!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rith, Feb 20, 2019.

1. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rith,

Happy to see you back. Finally Sathya & Vandana met! Eager to see the together.

waiting for next episode.:grinning:

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Episode 24:

“Not so nice meeting you” she giggled which hurt Sathya. He kept mum

Air hostess served meals to everyone

“Your soft pink lip stick doesn’t suit your skin tone. Try brick red colour with lip gloss. You will be the next miss universe, no doubt” Air hostess was taken aback by her straight forward comment.

“Thank you mam” she smiled vaguely and left the place.

Vadhana sounded different to Sathya

Sathya “Does it really matters to you, I mean her lip stick?”

“Also I know you were annoyed with my comment on our meeting, don’t you” she glinted at him

“Not really” Sathya turned and started having his meal

“I mean what I said. Our first meet was not pleasant, do you accept?”

He just nodded his head as yes

“You were shouting disturbing my reading time, you banged on my head. I was kind of feeling nay when you sat next me. But I need to admit, you are damn smart, majestic and Dumbo too. Hahahah” he glared at her yet smiling “What? Would you deny?”

“Dunderhead? Me? Well…May be. So why Singapore? Are you going to tour?”

“Nope. Work. Deputation for three months” she showed three fingers which danced

“Hmm! Now I understand why a vegetable is coined as ladies finger” Sathya leaned his back and closed his eyes

He enjoys her company. Seems she too likes his company as well. He opened his eyes. She was watching the floating clouds outside the window. Seeing his reflection on the window silt, she turned back and smiled.

“Couldn’t sleep is it?” she asked

Sathya “it’s been a week I had a proper sleep. A major downfall in my life. May be my first failure. Couldn’t come out of it. I was keenly looking for a change. Between this conference invitation hit my doors. Hoping for a change I am travelling.”

Vadhana “Hmm! So how long you are planning to stay here?”

“I don’t know. When I feel like going back. Else I will travel to different countries if I am bored here. Definitely not in near future I want to go back to my home” he muttered

“Cool buddy. All will be ok soon” she pat on his arms

She sounded different to him. For Vadhana he is just another homo sapien in this planet. But for Sathya, Vadhana appeared to be a positive energy generator. He couldn’t stay gloomy and he got an urge to talk to her

Never fall for another girl again” his alter ego warned him

“I am not falling for her. I just like her company” he said to himself

Sathya “Where are you going to work, I mean which company?”

Vadhana “in one of our client offices, Goldman Sachs”

Sathya “Great. That’s where I am going to attend the conference”

Vadhana “Hmm! Nice”

They started conversing about their likes and dislikes. They understood both stood in exactly opposite poles. Sathya never listen to music nor read books. Where Vadhana cannot live without either of this. Sathya is pure non vegetarian where Vadhana doesn’t like non-veg. Sathya is not a foodie, hesitates to try new food. Whereas Vadhana loves to taste different varieties of food. Sathya is reserved but Vadhana is a chatter box and easily mingle with people. Sathya is short temper where Vadhana handles everything in cool way. According to Sathya, house is not a museum to keep everything neat and organized but for Vadhana the work and living area should be neat, clean and tidy. Sathya spends less and save more but Vadhana spends lavishly. Sathya hates shopping to the core but Vadhana loves shopping especially window shopping. Even if he shops, he never does in street shop or small shops. Rather prefer brand only. Vadhana shops anywhere provided she should like it. She doesn’t mind shopping in streets. Simply she can roam by walk in the street without getting anything and climbs up and down in every shop for whole day. But Sathya doesn’t like to roam anywhere. Vadhana loves street food. Sathya prefers posh restaurant. Sathya believes in God where Vadhana is atheist. Vadhana doesn’t watch movies where Sathya is a movie freak. He can spend whole day sitting in front of TV but Vadhana can’t sit for more than an hour. She never watches anything. Most important of all, Vadhana prefers western costume Sathya doesn’t. He likes only traditional attire

“OH NO!” shouted Vadhana placing both her palm on her cheeks

“SShhhhhh. Why are you shouting?” whispered Sathya looking at all the directions

“You are just like one of my close friends. She is just a female copy of you where I am completely opposite to you. Your wavelength and mine is entirely different, isn’t it?” Vadhana said for which Sathya nodded his head in affirmation smiling

They laughed together. They spoke a lot. The 5 hours journey swiftly went in no time.

“Where are you going to stay?” Sathya asked after completing their immigration while going to collect the baggage from belt

Vadhana “In Royal park hotel for 15 days. Within that, I need to search for accommodation”

He giggled again “I have booked in the same hotel”

“Awesome! I have a company to roam with me in search of PGs” she winked

Satya hesitated for a minute. Generally he doesn’t prefer that. “lets see” he replied diplomatically

Vadhana “I know I know about you. Don’t worry. I was just kidding”

They collected their baggage and left to the hotel in same car. Vadhana keep on looking outside the car exploring and admiring the beauty of the city, clicking pictures trying to converse with the diver, through out their travel to hotel. Almost his biodata has been extracted by Vadhana. Sathya felt like odd man out in the car as his existence was completely ignored both by Vadhana and the driver

“Enjoy your stay Mam” the driver wished her and left ignoring him, AGAIN.

Vadhana “Lets go Sathya. Arey Vah! This hotel is sooooooooooo biggggggg. Hey Sathya. Nothing much to do today. I have to join tomorrow only. If you have no plans today, shall we roam? I saw lot of shops and this place seems to be interesting. Lets just explore this city and dine in a nice restaurant. What say?”

He glared at her though it is evident that its fake anger

“Oops sorry! You neither like shopping nor roaming simply right. Ok, lets carry on. I will roam alone. No issues, no worries. Wont I get a roaming partner here, huh” she winked

Sathya “Huh!Thanks for realizing there was one creature travelled along with you from Chennai till now. You were so busy interacting with the driver ignoring me completely”. He bit his tongue. Why I am talking to her like this? How does it mean to me if she ignores me? I should not cross my limits. What if she thinks badly about me? He looked at her in embarrassment

Vadhana felt strange. She couldn’t understand what he is trying to convey. If this is possessiveness, then that’s wrong. He has absolutely no rights to be possessive on her. He is still between strangers to friend area.

“Let’s Go” Sathya walked in

Vadhana looked at him in conundrum. She decided to ignore as she knows he is not jovial type. Anyways this relationship is just for days. After the conference he will go back to his place and she will be back to her home once her deputation is over. There is no way they could meet. Having different wavelength they cannot even continue as friend. There is absolutely not even a single thing in common. They have got a difference of opinion within 10 hours of meeting.

Why do I need to bother about? Thought Vadhana and walked in. After formalities, they went to their respective rooms without talking to each other

Vadhana liked her room a lot. She unveiled the curtains and allowed the sunlight to peep in. She informed her parents and Meera about her safe arrival. She then turned on her play list and went to have a quick shower.

She wore a purple capri with mehndi green embroidery top. Singing the song with mild rhythmic dance movements she was drying her hair. The door bell rang.

Wondering who could it be at this time, as it was just half an hour she checked in to this room, she switched off the dryer, let her hair flow freely and opened the door

Sathya was standing with wide smile, coolers hung on his green tee shirt and brown casual pant. Seeing her with wet hair he gestured her “Are you not ready yet?”

Vadhana didn’t expect Sathya there. That too after the mild cold war at the hotel entrance she thought they wouldn’t catch up back.

“Where?” she gestured, room door still partially closed rest of the space was occupied by her

“Someone wished to roam in this city, invited me as well especially for window shopping. Did I hit a wrong door” he said in teasing tone looking at all directions

“Aaaaaww…Seriously” she said closing her mouth with her palm unable to control her grin “Come on in” she gestured him to come in and walked in

“Give me 5 minutes. I am almost ready. Just need to do my hair”

Sathya “Uhh! With this costume?”

Vadhana “What do you mean?”

“I thought this is house wear” he mumbled in feeble voice

“Excuse Me??” Vadhana stared at him placing her hands on her hips

“Ok ok…you carry on” Sathya gestured her to go and stood near the window facing the outside view

Vadhana waved her hand on air as”oh Silly” and started combing her hair

“Why on earth I am still talking to this guy. He is just exactly opposite to me” she thought

“How on earth I am with this girl. She doesn’t match even a single taste of mine” he thought

To Be Continued…

Deepu04, Sweetynila, periamma and 9 others like this.
  3. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Yes Yes. Its is Sathya and Vadhana. Nice pair na ;)

ammusatheesh likes this.
  4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hello Leenam, happy to see you after long time. Hope things are well at your end. Thank you for your comments dear. Posted the next episode

5. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

You are my angel PS. Thank you for making my day.
    It is fun time ahead. Hereafter no more emotional dramas ;)

6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Meerutha. I am doing good. Just couldn't get time as life becomes so hectic both at home and office.

7. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Yesss lovely lovely update...just awesome combo...

8. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rith,

Superb !! waiting to see this pair united soon.:grinning::grinning:

9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

How lovely and lively!

10. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Episode 25:

Sathya walked out, Vadhana followed behind. Before passing through the door, she checked once in the full size mirror embedded on the wardrobe.

“I am not looking odd. This is pretty decent man” she said to herself

Sathya came back searching for her and he noticed she was muttering in response to his comment. He smirked and said “ignore my comments. You really look good. Just…I mean…since I don’t like western costumes, I felt odd to see you in that costume when we go out. But, as you said, outfit is individual’s choice. I have absolutely no rights to comment on it. I am sorry, if that hurts you”

Vadhana doesn’t know what to reply. She simply nodded her head, locked the room and walked behind him silently

They roamed for some time observing the busy, clean streets of the city. Wherever Sathya see some benches, he never miss to rest for few minutes and continued to walk. He was not used to such long walks. That too, for his little bubbly plumpy body he found it very difficult to cope with olli (Slim) belly Vadhana

She in turn dragged him if he rest for more than 5 minutes “I regret I should not have come with you” Sathya sat in a bench breathing heavily shaking his hands as NO and head right to left

Vadhana “Array, I should say that. Now come na. The restaurant is just 5 minutes walk”

Sathya “I think you are keep on telling this for the past 20 minutes. Call a taxi please. I can’t walk anymore“

Vadhana “Ufffooooo! I showed you three restaurants and you rejected everything with some odd reasons. I can even have here” she pointed to a small fast food shop

“Oh no! No! Please” he waved both his hands as no breathing heavily. “Ok , 5 minutes. We will go to next nearest one wherever you show” he showed thumbs up

Vadhana sat on the other end of the bench resting her face on her palms “What to do with this guy?” she thought. Hunger pinched her stomach. They are walking for past 45 minutes. Three nice Indian restaurants passed by. Showing some odd reasons Sathya rejected everything. The one in another 5 minutes’ walk is not even a 4 * for sure

After 10 long minutes, Sathya got up to walk. Vadhana followed him hopelessly. Seeing the restaurant, Sathya looked at Vadhana feebly. She stared at him. He closed his mouth with his fingers and walked in. The restaurant was run by an Indian family with an intention to serve home made food. Father seated at bill section, mom and son served food. Being noon time, there was no crowd at all. It was a small one with 10 tables. The little place was beautifully decorated with temples and Bharatanatyam poses. The ambience was simple yet elegant.

They ordered south Indian thali. The food was so homely and delicious. Sathya regret for rejecting the restaurant by its look. After settling the bill, He said “Thank you so much for serving such a delicious food. I am feeling at home just like eating mother’s food. Till I am here, I will come and eat here only” he shook hands with that man. The man felt happy and it was clearly depicted in his eyes. The lady and their son expressed thanks with a smile. Sathya’s gesture admired Vadhana.

“Sumptuous meal na. Fine. Let me call a taxi” Vadhana said

“No! Its ok. Lets walk” he replied

Vadhana “Not a problem for me. 15 minutes walk turns 45 minutes because of your frequent rest. Our hotel is just a kilometer from her”

“Arey, come na” he pulled her arms and they started walking. Sathya took rest for every bench he sees and they reached by half an hour. They moves to their respective room

Vadhana jumped on the bed cuddling the pillow, covering herself completely with the rug

Sathya stood near the window and gazed at the road they just walked on. He felt positive in him. By the time he started to Singapore, he was clueless, aimless, no interest to live, absolutely no idea how he is going to proceed further in his life.

Sathya enjoyed his life, yet in a completely different way. He excelled in his studies, he created his own world as his parents were out for work. Most of his holidays and vacation, he spent with Prasanna. He doesn’t have an opportunity to gel with girls. According to him, Prasanna is only person to be called as friend. They both shared everything. They tried everything together. Their first movie, first smoke, first drink, first sight. They grew together. During vacation or holidays, by default Sathya get ready to spend with Prasanna. They grew like brothers more than friends. Their parents purchase in 2 numbers whatever they get for the kids.

There are no secrets between them. No fights between them. Though Sathya got lot of opportunities to mingle with other people as friends, he couldn’t get the comfort that he gets from Prasanna. He himself decided that if Prasanna leaves him, his space will be vacuum and no one can fill it. At one point he realized Prasanna is holding one of his hands, the other hand should be for his soulmate. When he decided Meera as his soulmate but Meera never want to hold his hand, he felt only Prasanna is enough throughout his life. He felt himself as disabled. He had that feeling always ever since he came to know that Meera and Prasanna were in love. He felt numb on one side

The time he spent with Vadhana., though it was just a day, a friendship blossomed in them. He likes her company though the wavelength doesn’t match between them. All he dislikes she likes. All she dislikes, he likes. Yet there is something that connects both. He couldn’t figure out what is attracting him towards her but he likes being with her. His thoughts were moving like the cars fleeing at high speed on the busy roads of Singapore. He spent the entire noon by the side of the window thinking about the best and worst happenings of his life. Then he locked his room and went out. He sat on the bench opposite to the hotel casually placing a leg over the other observing the people and vehicles

Vadhana was cool and composed as ever. She dozed off immediately and woke up by around 6 PM. Still she felt lazy enough to get up from bed. Still cuddled by the thick rug, she browsed her phone casually. She unveil the screens allowing fresh light to fill the room. She noticed Sathya sitting there. He looked so stylish and smart. The way he sat, his posture, his plumpy physique “he is different from the people I have seen so far”

She washed her face, adjusted her hair and went down to join him. She tapped on her left shoulder and moved to his right. He swirled on all sides and smiled seeing Vadhana

“What are you doing here?” she asked

“Just observing this beautiful world”

“Ahhaaa. Some who looked gloomy since yesterday admiring this world. Nice” she winked teasingly

For next 15 minutes she was then occupied with call from her parents. She said nook and corner about her trip including Sathya, the way they walked to the restaurant till she came down to meet him. He remembered he didn’t even informed his parents about his safe arrival to a foreign country.

After all, they never been bad to him. So far they have been the best parents treating all his wishes as priority. Though they keep running for their carrier, they never missed any single opportunity to fulfill any of his wish. Sathya was also equally an understanding son, not bothering them for anything. Whenever they get a chance, they never fail to shower him with their love.

“The weather is so pleasant, isn’t it” her voice brought him back to reality

Seeing his gloomy face, she caressed his hand

“Shall we go for a walk” he asked

“Not on the road that has benches” she replied

He started walking without waiting for her. She ran behind him “Where are we going?”

“No where. Simply we are going to walk till I unload the stuff that is itching my mind”

Vadhana got excited. Being a psychologyl student she always wishes to rectify other’s problems by listening to them carefully, analyzing their problems and provide a solution.

“Yeah, go ahead” she walked besides him

“I am son of a doctor and a bank manager who always run for their passion towards their carrier having wheels on their shoes. But they give equal importance to me as well. I was also always on their priority list. I spend my vacation and holidays with my other family who is my only close friend in this world. I have never been lost to anyone else till date. So far I got what I wanted for, what I wished for. The recent days because of a girl, spoiled my 32 years of happiness, you know? I can accept loss, but rejection; that’s something I have never faced. I faced it now and I am not able to come out of it. I am a short tempered person and I behave wild when I am angry. Even during that time, I never avoided my parents for anything. Today I did that. I am doing that. I don’t feel like talking to anyone. I myself not clear, why I am behaving like this. What shall I do Vadhana. I don’t like what I am now, neither I can’t be normal person too. I am not myself”

“Your parents are always supportive for whatever you are, aren’t they” asked Vadhana for which he nodded

Vadhana “You are gifted then Sathya. First of all, don’t avoid them. They would be hurt badly for the hassle you faced, for hurting you further. Talk to them normally. Then one by one we will see how you can come out of this. I will help you Sathya”

Sathya “They are hurt, you are right”

“Talk to them Sathya”. Her tone mesmerized him. Her care soothed his mind.

He called Partha and conveyed his safe arrival. He enquired about their wellness as well. His change in attitude, tone made the couple happy. Vedha spoke to him then. The call lasted for 10 minutes. Sathya felt he was in different world. By the time, he hung the phone, Vadhana wasn’t around. He searched for her and found her in a small shop nearby.

Sathya “Hey! What are you doing here?”

“A mini shopping. Tops are cheap and cute here. There is an offer, pick 4 for SD$50. Cheap na. see, the tops are cute. Aren’t they” Vadhana showed the tops to him.

“Come. I will take you to branded shops” Sathya tried to seize the dresses that she purchased.

“Branded? Why? These tops look elegant. I am not a branded maniac. Fine. I will wait outside. You pay the bill and come”

Sathya “Pay? Me? Why?”

“Dr fees buddy. See how you look now. Fresh and clear like a glass. How you looked in the morning and how are you looking now. Your smartness overloaded dude” she chuckled

Sathya “Hmm. Yeah right! Thanks for that. I am feeling better after talking to them. And so do they”

“That’s why you need a person like me with you always” after saying those words she felt something in her heart

To Be Continued…

Deepu04, Sweetynila, periamma and 8 others like this.