1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by poojaagar, Aug 16, 2019.

1. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

i agree i am confused too but now i dont want to live here..all i want is to go back..

i dont like this place and western education for my child
    i know im thinking all this too late but now again there is a choice to go back but he says he wants to come here as india has too much pressure..im sry for confusing you if im contradictory

i like our system of education even stressful but atleast children learn and do home work etc here nothing is there only play..

i am concenred abt this thats why want to go back..is it good? but he says edu is nothing..

shravs3 likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I can understand your problem, but unless both the partners agree on one thing it’s going to be difficult.
    Try discussing him calmly both the pros and cons of staying abroad and also about India.

If you cannot decide now, then it may be difficult to shift in future due to the child’s studies.

I have heard tat school education seems to be very simple when compared to India.

But desi kids seem to be smarter which can help them to pick up sooner at higher classes.

Indian education is more of bookish or theoretical but in other developed countries it’s more of practical approach which will help in future.
    Tats what I have heard from others.

You can also try discussing about education with any Indian family who has stayed in Australia from long time.
    Based on tat you can decide what to do accordingly.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Anusha2917 likes this.
  3. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

oh yes you are right, abt edu system its true that its practical and not a burden..but i cant decide whether its good or bad to take the stress but from my brought up i feel its good that they get some pressure so later in life they will have it easy..but my husband says he started studying later stage and good educated now..so he never accepts my point of view..
    all he says is social security here is better than india as it never exists there..so both of us equally confused but he is inclined to australia while im towards indian edu other aspects i accept with him..but this might affect childs future..

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Let him drive a taxi.
    Children who grow up in tough family circumstances, would blossom and achieve a lot.
    Your children, with a taxi driving father, and a mother who complains a lot about her husband's lack of gumption, would be destined to greatness in Australia. May be even a Prime Minister. Go for it.

lavani, sbonigala, Cheeniya and 3 others like this.
  5. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

:clap2::clapclap::clap2: superb response !!

6. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

yes i too liked the positivity in the response, thank you..

7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Kid Education or job stress or job opportunities, we have to make best use of what is in hand instead of try to escape , other side of the grass looks greener. managing team etc person by person different way works. All matters get the work done by team, everybody’s ego should be ignored

Developed country education systems are good, learning by play for small kids.
    They learn basic life, like eating by own, folding their blankets, Montessori style, even before learning reading and writing
    As they go higher classes they learn rapidly and they become the innovative

8. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

oh ok i have never known abt the developed country education system and maybe due to that im ignorant..if anyone who is aware in this thread pls provide info..i have belief that due to strenuous indian CBSE etc we end up and thrive thats the reason indians skill set are rewarded overseas thats the reason im here now..true or not true im inexperienced..

9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Nope.
    Indian education is studying a lot with no practical use. Just get marks.
    But in most developed countries, they let the kids explore, ask questions.. Emphasis on
    Communication skills .

10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

this thread has diverted :)

kids in america have access to everything, sometime do not appreciate and do not work hard. i have seen newly joined freshers in my company. just chilling. where as some random engineer who does not even have a CS degree is the best coder i met , he was a journalist. make me feel so stupid , when he does my Pull request reviews.

same thing kids in india, total local college, getting arears in college, yet clearing and joining top fintech companies and top 5 like google , because they dedicate their college in Coding competitions like Top coder, Code chef.

hard to say anything ,because if we are rating education, then Russians have the best , but their economy is bad.

not trying to prove any point here, just sharing my observations.

Thyagarajan likes this.