100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 24:

In the verge of finishing the novel, 'A thousand splendid suns' by Khaled Hosseini..I am completely smitten by the 2 female protagonists of the novel, Mariyam and Laila.. The story is set during the war era at Afghanistan from 1980s till 2000s..the period when women were subjugated beyond imagination..The most heart wrenching part was when in spite of so many restrictions and torture, the leading ladies exhibited immense courage..Some instances that would stay in my heart forever..

1. In a city with only a single hospital for women, with no facilities and a single doctor, Laila, a 20 yr old girl, consents for a C-section without an anesthetist to save the life of her baby which was still in the breech position when her waters broke..

2. As the severity of the war increased, it was bomb blasting all over and the family was pushed into extreme poverty..So Laila sends her first daughter to an orphanage . As per the laws imposed by the Taliban, no woman should walk alone in the streets without a male companion. Many a times, Laila would be forced to go alone as her abusive old husband wont bother to accompany her. She would be thrashed, pummeled in the streets and would be bleeding severely.. Still she used to wear layers of clothes to reduce the intensity of the pain to meet her daughter every other week.

3. When Mariam kills their demon husband, saves the life of Laila and gets executed in the gallows with a smile!

One should read this novel especially during their weakest periods of life or when they are dissatisfied with the overall quality of their life..This story gives us hope and fills our heart with gratitude for what all god has blessed us with!..

Rampuri9, Anusha2917, Gauri03 and 7 others like this.
  2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

We did a teamwork challenge session at Beavers. One game is to pass the ball to a fellow Beaver and compliment. I saw how easily some kids compliment each other and a few really struggle to compliment. It was a good working session to make them understand how complimenting others make your self and the other self feel good.

Anusha2917, Gauri03, Giri12 and 5 others like this.
  3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I confronted one of my family members about something that has been bothering me . It gave me a closure since the said family member provided their perspective of the situation. I’m glad I took the step to clarify than get confused and use my wild imagination . It is easier to project myself as victim instead I decided to handle this honestly and got myself out of victim mode .

Anusha2917, Gauri03, Giri12 and 6 others like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Three visitors from Ramana Ashram to participate arrivedat 7 am with each carrying heavily stuffed cloth bag with handles.
    As I opened the door,
    “ sir we are from ashram. Last week we visited here.”

Uttering this statement, two senior men and a senior lady went to kitchen and returned leaving their bags there. Lady came out holding between her hands a large platter filled with fruits and flowers, ambled to the corner table.

She decorated the large framed Ramana Maharishi and placed the strung flowers as a garland over the frame. My MIL SPOUSE AND DAUGHTER we’re a tad surprised of theirunannounced arrival.

One of two men said, “ we spoke to Guruji last night at 11 that we would participate in Sathsangh today forenoon. He told you are four here since a week & would be leaving today”.
    Since we are in this ashram situated in an isolated place, We were wondering about their breakfast lunch and what to cook etc.

The lady as if she had read our mind said, “ if you are all ready for breakfast, I can serve you idli chatni: we have brought lunch too for all of us.”

In a few minutes later guruji in ochre robes, arrived & began His discourse and concluded with question answer sessions.

On banana leaves the visitors served us regular South Indian feast and left with their personal effects around 3 p.m.

What a pleasant set of visitors and what a great relief!

Anusha2917, Gauri03, Giri12 and 3 others like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 57: There was a fire in one of the apartment units. We all had to rush down and we were panicking. Later, the fire rescue team carried a young lady who was stuck in that unit and she was totally unconscious. CPR was done immediately. I was shocked looking at tat scene and was hoping tat she would be fine. Later, they took her in an ambulance.
    Almost 1 hour we weren’t allowed to go inside the building.
    After few hours got to know that she is little stable now.

Day 58: Met one of my ex colleague today. Got to know tat he is in the same building as mine. We spoke for sometime. He also said there are few more colleagues in the same city. I realised tat the world is too small!

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Chanting Vishnu sahasranamam and eating mothagam, simply blissful!

Anusha2917, shravs3, Gauri03 and 4 others like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:After a week away from home now back to home from glorious spiritual retreat. Everything went well on even keel. Thanks to Almighty.

8. corrosion

corrosion Silver IL'ite

Day 21: Cooked after weeks!
    Day 22: Wasn't expecting to, but managed to cook something quick again today.

girvani, Anusha2917, shravs3 and 4 others like this.
  9. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 69 : Its been a usual day.

Day 70 : Today, had made a big task list to complete. By afternoon i thought i may not be able complete all. Happy that everything got completed. Especially taking my kid to swimming classs.

kaniths, girvani, Anusha2917 and 4 others like this.
  10. corrosion

corrosion Silver IL'ite

Day 23: Something that usually is painful and prolonged was easy this time. Such a relief.

kaniths, girvani, Anusha2917 and 2 others like this.