Finest Posts - Suggestions For Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by satchitananda, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the support dear. It is like finding a drop of water in a desert.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. satchitananda

:tonguecrazy::tonguecrazy::tonguecrazy: Thanks, Rihana. The first laugh in a few days!

Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  3. satchitananda

:roflmao:

Viswamitra and Afresh like this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

@satchitananda Mam,
    This is a painful accusation to go through, especially for a job that is being done on a voluntary basis.
    However, as with any other awards/recognition that requires judgement and is based on subjective criterion, the judges do find themselves in such difficult positions.
    It is part and parcel of the duties and remaining neutral to all such accusations is the desired outcome. I do understand, however, it is painful to be at the receiving end of all this, without deserving to be there.
    Similarly @Mistt and @GeetaKashyap ,
    It takes courage to question any 'authority' and such things are needed in a democratic setup, wherein each member is to be given an equal footing.
    However, instead of accusing a particular person, it may be a systemic fault. And , the best solution, in such disputes arising is that there should be a super moderator/someone to appeal to , above the judges to look into such complaints of partisanship or ow. One should get opportunity to represent their grievance, but the overall head , may decide to act or otherwise based on an unbiased platform.
    It's certainly , the loss of this forum when talented and appreciated ILites take recourse to quitting and moderators who have been doing their jobs , voluntarily, for such a long time want to give up their duties in unfortunate circumstances.
    Most of the IL ites here,i trust, want this issue to be sorted by not facing any such loss.
    Hope to see everyone united again :thumbup::worship2:

5. satchitananda

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: So sorry, this list was done in 10 mins when I was getting late for class!

6. satchitananda

7. satchitananda

Love that suggestion!!! :-D

Viswamitra, Amulet and Afresh like this.
  8. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL’ites,

There are many ways to run a contest and each has its pros and cons. Good contribution gets organic public recognition by the volume of likes and comments it receives. Finest post was conceived as a way to recognize IL’ites in a parallel way i.e. selected by moderator(s) instead of by popularity.

Finest posts is a lot of work. Rihana articulated it well when she detailed what it takes to read and acknowledge each contribution and to write a creative winner announcement each month. It remains as the only organized activity in IL mainly because of the dedication and sincerity of Satchi and Cheeniya Sir. kkrish winning twice had been clarified by Satchi. I couldn’t do half good a job as these two.

With all its flaws, it still remains a good structure for a contest. People try to win it and get a sense of accomplishment when they do. All this commotion around fairness is a good sign that people care about it. I would like it to continue this way. I read through all the suggestions and will take a close look and see what is worth implementing over time.

I am closing this thread for now because any more detailed post-mortem don’t seem to be productive. Just as you all, I am looking forward to who wins finest posts in May 2019.

Now, go ahead and nominate some of the best posts you read recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.