Finest Posts - Suggestions For Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by satchitananda, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish ma'am
    Sorry for the trouble had given by me and I accepted that selecting your post as finest post continuously for twice must be mistake but what about
    Septembre 2017: Thyagarajan and Bhargavi03
    May 2018: Thyagarajan and Iyerviji
    February 2019: Thyagarajan and Arushi

Were those all also accidentally selected as finest posts???

kkrish likes this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

No worries @Mistt . No apologies please.
    As I said it is better to bring things out up front to resolve the issues. I am also proud of you for opening up this discussion.
    I am glad you accepted the explanation my post being awarded back-to-back. I am happy.

What is wrong with Mr. Thyagarajan sir winning? Was any rule broken?
    Why does awarding him thrice, beyond the six-month gap appear as favoritism?
    If you can explain, perhaps Sats @satchitananda may be able to explain the mods decision.

Please keep in mind that I respdct you, Geetha, Sats, Sri sir,.... all on the same plane.
    I am taking no sides. Just want to bring closure to this.

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I just read the Special Prosecutor's report (attached). It seems that Cheeniya and Satchi have been fully exonerated.
    No collusion. Apparently. Jeez.
    I don't believe a word of it. The powerful always get away with murder.
    Presentation6.jpg

Laks09, satchitananda and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deleted. Not needed. Was a not-socially useful question addressed to Viswa.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Viswamitra . I was making dosa in one hand and holding the tablet in another, so missed your post.
    Thank you for the assurance.
    Too much time has passed between then and now Viswa. So It does not matter anymore.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish ma'am pleas read above statement of Satchi ma'am. If judges aren't considering already selected winner's nominated posts, it's unfair to select one member's posts thrice whose post has already selected as finest post.
    Please check ma'am Septembre 2017: Thyagarajan and Bhargavi [
    May 2018: Thyagarajan and Iyerviji
    February 2019: Thyagarajan and Arushi

I respect all members here and no personal grudges against anyone here but I want to clear my mind. That's why asking .
    Thyagarajan Sir has become finest post winner in September 2017 and May2018 it means he selected after 7 months again and February 2019 again. Sir's post selected as best post after 9 months again. How come has it happened? Were there no best nominations except those posts?
    If you are telling you are encouraging all means it shouldn't have happened.

PS: some of them are thinking that Geeta is behind my questions/posts but no one is behind me and all are my original posts/thoughts.

shravs3 and kkrish like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Removed the answer as the question itself was removed.

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Mistt
    I leave it to @satchitananda Sats to answer.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

The criteria for that job is someone who can come with a rule that will be accepted by all ILites and not have one single person leave IL for the next 3 years disgruntled by that person's selection of FPs.

satchitananda likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

OK... it is a "thing" that deserves to be preserved.

I always look to the nominations for pointers for good posts-to-read. And read the ones recommended by the rationale blurbs in the nominations. We are a culturally diverse crowd, and what hits-the-sweet-spot for some, may not be the cup-of-tea for others. If a prize/ribbon has to be awarded, it can be done on a lottery system --based on a computer generated random number scheme -- for all the posts that were nominated. The top two "winners" can be offered the red ribbon, and the rest of them are assured that their contributions lost out to dumb-luck rather than lack of competitive quality. This would be a level playing ground, not favoring any particular poster. And would also free up the Mod's from hassles of having to read all nominated posts. They could just read the two lucky winners' efforts, and use the blurbs of the nominations to write up the announcement. Those who are really really keen on winning ribbons, would be encouraged to write as many nominatable posts each month to increase their lottery odds.
    And we can scrap that 6-month gap rule also, and not suspect repeated invocations to the gods as scale tilting in a candidate's favor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.