1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Home Cleaning Routine

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by jillcastle, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don't know how to say this... I don't really have a routine... Just have so many comments on others' routines that it seems like I have one perfected over time.

One is too small, other absent. : )

Amica likes this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

You are my hero!

Afresh and Rihana like this.
  3. sherinl

sherinl Junior IL'ite

Hi .. just a quick question ... I am considering going for a vacuum .. from India too. So, does this really help avoid sweeping / brooming the house? I noticed you mentioned you don't use broom ... so the question .... or do we need to broom occasionally for fine detail?

Also, is dishwasher good for washing all vessels like kadais, milk vessels n pressure cookers? I understand only Stainless Steel vessels ... what is the max capacity cooker it holds, 8 - 10 liters? Nd does larger kadais say 3 - 4 liters fit in?

Thanks for your reply.

4. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I never sweep the floor with broom. Only vacuum. It's way better. We use broom at home for only cleaning cobwebs. But sometimes for deep cleaning we move the furniture n vacuum n mop. We don't have many nooks n crannies where vacuum won't reach but in those cases a broom will be still needed. Vacuum is much much better than broom in removing dust. Go for wet n dry vacuum instead of only dry one because wet n dry ones r much more efficient in removing dirt.

As for dishwasher, I mostly use glass utensil but stainless steel cleans very good too. My spoons look like it's brand new shiny always because of dishwasher. For milk pot I have to scrub before loading it. I have glass milk pot. For kadai's I have 4 n 5 litres kadai's which fit very easily. Also 4 litre pressure cooker fit. I don't use pressure cooker much. One 4 or 5 litre kadai plus a small 1.5/2 litre kadai or frying pan can fit easily together along with all other utensils. Go for 14 place setting dishwasher instead of 12 place because 14 place setting r full size dishwasher.

sherinl likes this.
  5. sherinl

sherinl Junior IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Sure, got that. I was a little skeptical about Wet & Dry .. so never checked that much .. will go for a demo of it then. Yes, considering 14 place setting ... so larger vessels can fit in.

Minie34 likes this.
  6. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Many suggestions are very helpful. Thanks for that.

• How about the glass shower door ? It has become cloudy over time. Any specific product to try?

7. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

You can trying spraying with any toilet or kitchen cleaner spray n wipe it off with a wiper followed by rinsing with water. Or use a spong with soap n clean it with water.

silento likes this.
  8. Shardul7

Shardul7 New IL'ite

Cleaning and organizing the home is a practice and not a project. By cleaning house we can create a healthy and fresh environment in the house. For maintaining the proper cleanliness in the home we have to follow certain routine. For me, my home is the most important part of my life. Every time I get engaged myself into some home cleaning. As, I like the clean house most. Here I would like to share some of home cleaning tips-

1) Clean kitchen, bathrooms and hall section on daily basis.

2) Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers once in a week.

3) Clean your showcase cupboard, walls once in a month.

4) Keep your kitchen basin clean on regular basis.

5) Use good quality of detergents and surf powders for cleaning.

Above mentioned house cleaning tips may not suitable for each and every house. As the needs and demands of every house gradually varies. But, it will be great if you may follow these easy home cleaning tips. According to me, our house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. So, let’s take one step towards the home cleanliness, and remember one thing our objective of cleaning should not be clean only but it should be feel happiness living within that environment.

9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I use Bar Keepers Friend for most cleaning tasks. It works on just about everything.

10. jackfowler

jackfowler Guest

A cleaning routine is a series of tasks you do in order, and on a schedule. Lots of people get overwhelmed when they think of cleaning their homes. Having a routine reduces stress, because after a time or two, you know how long it will take to clean.