1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do Some Women Look “rich” ?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by anika987, Jan 19, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I met a women last year in India and she was carrying a small wallet with louie Vuitton brand.It could be fake or real.My cousin brother saw her and said “ She does look like someone having a real LV”..

The above is an example.
    The women was quite fair, short, on the heavier side and nice chudidhar.Normal makeup and hair.Something about her did look rich.

Again my mom in law is on the darker side, medium weight,tall.She dresses nice but even in ordinary clothes she looks rich.

I specially gave two examples which are opposites based on complexion,height and weight.Coz many have this idea that tall,fit and fair is only classy.

Some people don’t do much to their looks,do not have conventional features but look seriously hep.

Some look very pretty with nice features but look like coming from an ordinary family though well dressed..

I know a girl with a commanding personality,very pretty but somehow no matter how she dresses does not look rich.

What is it that makes some look rich ,classy and hep?

Just a fun thread.Just out of curiosity..am sure many of us have felt this way looking at certain people and immediately felt they must be well to do... what is that striking feature which makes them look that way?

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes Anika , in real wife we would have seen plenty of them.

I will give an example. There are some woman who dress up grandly for any function or event. They wear tonnes of gold and makeup either out of love for the jewellery or to indicate their status.
    They may look so guady even if they are rich.

There is another set of people, inspite of being very rich, they dress up very simple. But you can make out just by seeing them that they are rich may be their attitude, brands they use etc.
    I feel such people are more confident than tat of the first set. They don’t give a damn about wat people think about them. They love simplicity which makes them classy!

There are exceptions as well.Sometimes rich people don’t dress up rich or classily.

Ex. Mark Zuckerberg, inspite of being the founder of big companies like Facebook, you can find him mostly in plain and faded Ts.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    anika987 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 ,

I guess, looking rich or poor depends on the graceful and confident behaviour, and how a person perceives herself internally. In my opinion, wearing gaudy jewellery and clothes is a way of screaming on top of their voice and seeking validation. It is a big NO to me. Well finished/crafted clothes and accessories give that refined finishing touches.

4. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Isn't there a difference between the 'newly' rich and the 'old money'?

Old money always looks rich even if they aren't being trendy or glamorous. Even if they no longer have that money. I think it's attitude and self-composure. And there is a lot of simplicity and quality in their style.

New rich, is a bit more gaudy and trendy.

Has anyone watched Crazy Rich Asians?

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Yes some people look rich in ordinary clothes. Some dress simple but look attractive. I think it's the way they carry themselves.

I always like to look the best. Earlier I did not have much sarees to wear. But once I was so surprised when I was complimented. I used to go to Fine Arts programme . In my brother in law_s son's poonal my sister in law introduced me to her friend. She was telling her oh she is your sil I thought she is from a rich family . She dresses very well

shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

This is so true!!!

anika987 likes this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I loved that movie! The lead pair is awesome

8. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I think it's about how a woman dresses and carries herself... Some ladies can look so elegant and graceful even in simple clothes..and be assumed as being rich..
    I feel it's a combination of self grooming, dressing sense, body language and way of speaking that makes us feel that the lady maybe very professionally successful and / or financially well to do..

anika987 likes this.
  9. Swapnakadari

Swapnakadari New IL'ite

I totally agree, it depends upon how the person carry themselves. Some people just look amazing even in simple outfit. As per my observation,some people get inherent attributes which gives them those rich looks.

10. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

There was a rich Aunty near my house she used to wear light weight silk saree , diamond earrings and simple pendant,and her hair always tied up neatly non frizzy. No make up . But I guess rich people do take care of their looks to look classy .