1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow, lovely to see so much buzz here this morning. Thanks for the tips dears. Yesterday I took a dose of Omez. Maybe I shall take that for a about a week max and then stop that.

@Shanvy, I do take hingashtak choornam every now and then. Maybe I can make that a regular feature.
    How I wish I had a good physio here. Sadly my own niece is a physio is in the US of A. Wish she was here or I could go to her! The physios I have been to generally give you an IFT for 10 mins, teach you some exercises and you are out on your own. What I really need is to get back to some regular activity. All this inactivity and sitting cooped up inside the house has undone all the good that was achieved. I had sort of given up all these days but coming back here has given me a push. My MFP has been reinstalled! :grinning:

@gauri, I have got what is called a failed back. The fusion did not take place and now the higher discs are also degenerating. Plus edema in the vertebra. So the muscle pain is secondary to all this. However, I do try to do some simple stretches the physiotherapist had taught me.

@laks, any kind of oily snacks cause me a lot of grief. It is instant karma!

Laks09, GeetaKashyap, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  2. shodin

shodin Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,
    @Shanvy happy to see you back. @satchitananda for gerd Ranitidine is the best. So many medicines you may be taking that is why this problem came. My husband regularly using ranitidine. Timely food and in between healthy snacking will help to an extend. For your back try ball exercise its the best and yoga too. Get well soon dear. Nice to see all here.

Yesterday's menu was
    Bf- 2 roti with beetroot
    mid morning snack -banana -1
    Lunch Roti -1 with beetroot + sweetcorn chicken soup (having too much beets and dates because of my low hb as I mentioned before.)
    Dinner broken wheat upma with sambhar and chutney.
    PhotoGrid_1553059667241.jpg

Laks09, Gauri03, kaniths and 2 others like this.
  3. shodin

shodin Platinum IL'ite

@satchitananda pls add me as your friend in MFP. shobdin is my ID

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Just did. Please check if you got it. I hope I got the right member id. :p

shodin likes this.
  5. shodin

shodin Platinum IL'ite

yes dear accepted. tnk uu

6. satchitananda

Thanks dear.

Today's menu:

Morning: Coffee
    1 slice bread with 1 slice garlic cheese, tomato and cucumber

Lunch: Leek soup
    Cabbage sabzi

IMG_8816.JPG

Laks09, Gauri03, Shanvy and 3 others like this.
  7. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy : Shans good to see you back. Sorry abt the mishap. Good to hear u r feeling better. Pongal and kara chutney looks yummy and drool worthy.

Shanvy and satchitananda like this.
  8. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

@satchidananda Sorry abt your accident. Once you are able to walk and move aroind weight will come down.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@shodin, you are 65 then you have reached your gw??? congrats.. the maintenance phase is the worst one than losing weight.. the body cell memory i say.. sigh..

@satchitananda have you tried barley water, even fennel tea and plantain pith juice.. these can reduce the edema.. it happens when the muscle goes into protective mode.

so beautiful our body is actually, if we listen to it..i mean in general not the two of us,
    the pain, the inflammatory pain in the back says we are not moving enough, our posture is wrong, you are putting more weight on the spine..
    your muscles must be storing fluids into protecting the spine.. moving a little even if it is on the bed, and drinking lot of water, teas could help reduce the edema..
    hugs and hugs, i know it is hard..but we will be better soon...

Afresh, satchitananda and shodin like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thanks cvmam, yes better.. and i only saw the pics..the young man cooks enough to survive..and as a parent i am happy..

ChandrikaV, satchitananda and shodin like this.