1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Myth of Abacus ,Mental Maths and Vedic Maths

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Anjali74, Feb 17, 2013.

1. malathia

malathia Silver IL'ite

I always feel , the way we used to work using log tables, solving the problems were great :)

2. ssnlow

ssnlow Senior IL'ite

Thanks for starting this thread, and sharing your experience, Anjali! I am thinking of putting my daughter for an abacus class, and am looking for information on it. Glad to find some answers here:)

3. devipriya

devipriya Senior IL'ite

Well, I am also against ABACUS (I would say its just another looting centre)but I would suggest mastering some techniques in mathematics (well basic arithmetic)will definitely help children. It’s a kind of "All is well" Techniqueor like a feel good factor

I would say go for Trachtenberg system

4. jemilivi122

jemilivi122 New IL'ite

Vedic Maths are far better than abacus...........I am learning vedic maths and really makes lot of sense. compared to abacus............Vedic maths can also be used to recheck the answer also.........Abacus are done by kids by keeping beads in mind not formulas........but surely abacus helps to sharpen the observation ability, listening skill, taking the same in brain

5. Samuelwalnut

Samuelwalnut New IL'ite

Vedic Maths Franchise is an amazing technique that accommodates children and students to perform basic arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately. Arithmetic is truly important for building up a solid academic foundation for children. Vedic maths franchise starts at a basic level of numbers and slowly progresses towards simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

https://walnutexcellence.com/home-2.html

6. abi4yuva

abi4yuva New IL'ite

Thanks for the information