Confused Over Iui And Ivf ....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rupz, Feb 23, 2019.

1. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I am suffering from PCOD and finding it impossible to get pregnant due to this.

I have stopped all medication as it was giving me lots of side effect.

Recently one of my friends suggested that i try IUI and not IVF.
    I have reasons for not doing the procedure before as my INLAWS are against going for medical treatment in order to get pregnant.

The same friend said that for IUI only I am required to go the doc and follow the instructions and medications for the same.
    I read upon both the topics and now I am left confused as to which procedure is easy and useful causing no harm in the future and which would help me convince my INLAWS that it is OK to take help from doctors for the same.

They believe that doctors might mess with procedure and all.

All i want to know is have anyone expecienced both of the treatment and how much of it is successfull.

Please help.

Thank You.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Are your inlaws doctors? If not why are they part of your family planning decisions?
    An RE will be best qualified to tell you whether you need IUI, IVF, if you can try on your own etc based on your medical tests. Not people on the Internet.
    The success rate will depend on the skill of your doctors but also largely on how you respond to the treatments.
    Has you husband also undergone testing?

3. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Dear @MalStrom

Thank you for your response.

I also have the same arument as you that I should go to the doctor, which I believe is the right thing to do.

No my husband has been asked to get tested twice but he refuses to do so, as he belives or rather my MIL belives fault is with me so its me who has a problem also indicating money wont be spent on it.

what i wanted from ILadies to give me some positve advice with which i can try and convince them how ever i can.

4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Dear @rupz ,

It's early to decide whether it's iui or ivf for you. A good gynecologist or a reproductive endocrinologist alone can suggest. Let me share the steps .
    1) blood tests to check the hormones. Since you know you have pcod this might be skipped.
    2) before any invasive treatment like iui and ivf are started medicines cycles are started. Clomid is the first medicine suggested. If you fail to conceive through Clomid , injective cycles with HCG shots are started. Pcod patients do get pregnant with clomid cycles provided everything else is normal .
    3) HSG test is performed to check if your tubes are okay and normal.
    4) if tubes are normal iui will work. If tubes are blocked ivf is the only option.
    5)laproscopy is performed to check everything else is normal if required only.

By writing the steps I'm only giving you a jist of how the process goes and not necessarily that you will go through all the steps.ivf is the last and final option and not the first option.
    The above is from my experience.

So consult a good RE who can assess what is the best for you. Good luck to you.

Thank you,
    Anusha.

5. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Ask your husband whether he wants a child or not ? Is he happy to wait for that moment instead of taking medical help?? When he's having fever he seeks medical help or waits for God/miracle ? Sorry I am sounding rude but it's your future so instead of you deciding what you want why are you letting your in laws to decide.

Try to convenience your husband, for IUI also your husband has to go to hospital, it's not that you can do only by yourself. Issue can be with you or your husband, why is he getting scared ? conveniencing your husband is more important then taking permission from your in law.

Just to give you an idea people get pregnant using Sidha medicine (I have seen many Ilites) so do a little research if you don't want to go for IUI/IVF.

Also have you tried the clomids yet ?? it helps with your egg quality and quantity which increases your chances of getting pregnant. If you haven't yet then meet a gynic and try that.

Hope you are following the ovulation timing, also try to be little stress free. Ask for help in IL anytime, even if you feel it's a silly question. All the best dear.

6. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Dear @Anusha2917 and @pumpkin01

Thank you for your replies.

I have taken them into account and act accordingly, finding a good doctor first and dicsussing my concerns and will surely proceed ahead.

Thank you and will surely keep you updated.

love you guys.

Anusha2917 likes this.