1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pebbles And Bubbles

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by GeetaKashyap, Feb 2, 2019.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, dear Mistt, for concurring with my POV.

When we read about the struggles of women all over the world to get some control over their lives and to get their fair share of rights in the society, we can understand how the Pebbles laid a strong foundation for the well being, freedom and success of the Bubbles today. Thus the Bubbles represent the dreams and aspirations of the Pebbles. International Women's Day (iwd)- this article covers just a part of the struggle of women of the older generation. Today our younger generation has achieved so much of knowledge and success in every field they chose to conquer! It is now for this generation to guard and utilize their perks in the best possible way and pass the baton to the next generation of Bubbles. More power to women!:thumbup:

2. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

geeta @GeetaKashyap,

Beautiful poem and beautiful explanation . I missed all these for so many days .

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

It happens, dear. Thanks for the appreciation. Hope all your problems will ease soon.

4. GeetaKashyap

Lalithambigai likes this.
  5. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the likes @periamma & @nandinimithun :)
    Glad to know we share similar views on bubbles and pebbles :)

nandinimithun and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Geetha,

After you have specifically compared women with Pebble and Bubble, I waited for a while before making any comments here. Here is my take on your poem. Very well done!

Here is my view. Entangled in the dictates of the patriarchal society, the women remained pebbles in the olden days yet demonstrated unconditional love and service to the family and the society. They carried the weight of the family grounded like a pebble. They didn't have the wings to fly nor had the freewill but enjoyed their space with devotion, fervor and zeal.

Now, they have earned the freedom to become bubbles and fly high with no limits. Still they are flying not as per their free will but by the influence of the wind's blowing direction. Once they realize that air within and air without are one and the same, they can be stable.

A true freedom is when they liberate themselves from their own limitations and reach the heights they deserve.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Sinant
    Yes, we do share similar views on the pebbles and bubbles.... Loved your response completely

Sinant and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

Awesome thoughts/POV, Sir. :thumbup: Thanks a million for this invaluable feedback. Dhanyosmi.

9. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Such a beautiful poem. You have a gift! Thanks for providing the link in the alternate thread and telling me that the poem was about someone like me. It brought tears to my eyes. Yes, women young and old bear their own cross across the ages. It reminded me of my housewife mother who always wanted me to go the best schools possible and get the education that she never had because as per her- it was even more important that women should be financially independent.

Sinant, Mistt and GeetaKashyap like this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

@Aarushi,

I am glad that this poetry resonated with you. In every generation women realised the reasons for their misery and tried their best to improve the conditions of their daughters. I wish they were wise enough to extend these good thoughts towards their d-i-l's too. Thanks for your comments.

Sinant, Mistt and Aarushi like this.